***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Caporegime
Looks like voopoo have pulled the chip ie it will not be in the pulse bf mod. It will have a chip, designed by Vandy Vape but will not be a gene chip.

Just been reading some stuff over at FT.

Voopoo have screwed Vandy Vape and Tony. B good and proper.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Ahh fair enough, drip hacks are doing them and they don’t seem that hard to get hold of.

Been told it’s a smoother vape, whatever that means lol.

Essentially, the idea of salts is that you use a very high concentration and take one or two inhales to relieve your craving (it gets to your blood stream quicker), instead of 10-15 of say 3mg to get the same effect. As there's pretty much zero throat hit with salts, you offset it by creating high PG liquids (70-80PG etc.)

From what I understand it's basically freebase nicotine with benzoic acid added to it, the benzoic acid lowers the pH which makes it less harsh on the throat. Further reading on benzoic acid reveals that it isn't known to be very toxic to humans, but most of the evidence behind it is related to ingestion, NOT inhalation.

I'm personally not interested in using it.

P.S. Stop buying poorly made recipes packed full of sweetener from DH and get making your own recipes :)

Caporegime
So Tony B finally posted up his video about the drama of his regulated pulse bf mod on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/aDHl61EDLks

TLDW of the video

* When they started designing the Pulse 80 Vandy Vape had a regulated chip in development that they wanted to use. Tony B wanted the Gene chip.

* VooPoo had access to the design of the mod.

* VV and VooPoo had a contract for 40k chips at an agreed upon price.

* On the last day of ECC a well known vendor came up to Tony and said he knows at least 3 other companies that have tried to work with VooPoo, and at the last minute VooPoo tried to pull out or raise the price by 15-30%.

* VooPoo was supposed to deliver the chips just before CNY, or just after.

* After CNY VooPoo came to VV and said they want 15% more for the price. Vandy Vape agreed to the increase. This resulted in versions without bottles to still offer a lower priced SKU.

* VooPoo stopped responding to VV's messages saying they agree to 15% increase.

* VV sent somebody to VooPoo's factory to figure out what's going on. VooPoo assured them everything is good, they'll ship out the chips and thanked them for the extra 15%.

* Shortly afterwards VooPoo contacted VV again and said they're raising the price again by another 15%. So 30% off the original agreement. Tony B & VV agreed and they started thinking about releasing a lower cost version with the VV chip after shipping out 40k units with the Gene chip.

------------------------

* Tony B says through a source he found out a week ago that VooPoo is designing a 80W squonkers themselves. He claims VooPoo saw all the buzz around Pulse 80W and decided make a squonker of own than simply be the chip supplier for the Pulse 80w.

* Tony claims Voopoo was just stringing them along, stalling production so Voopoo can be the first to market. Once VooPoo's mod is out they could then completely back out of the deal saying Pulse 80w competes with VooPoo's product.

* Tony claims a top exec for VooPoo claimed Pulse 80w resin panels look just like the Drag panels, and VV was copying Voopoo. The exec said people might think it's a VooPoo mod. According to Tony VooPoo claims they have a patent on the resin.

* Tony also claims that VooPoo had their employees posting on Tony's posts promoting the Pulse 80w, saying the mod looks like the Drag, and VV is copying VooPoo.

* In this matter Tony says both VooPoo and VV sourced the resin panel from the same third party. Tony offered to source resin from a different company or not use resin all together, to which VooPoo didn't respond.

* VooPoo then sent emails to VV urging them to give up on the Pulse 80w, saying it can't compete with VooPoo's offering.

----------------------------

* Vandy Vape's chip has been in development for a year and it's gonna be used on the Pulse 80w now.

* Tony has tested the chip, they have other projects in development with that chip

* The chip will be ready to go when the Gene chip was supposed to arrive. He didn't say it but it seems like there shouldn't be any more delay past the current mid april dates.

* The mod is gonna cost less now. At least $10 less

* No DNA chip because of cost.

* Tony has a version of the Pulse 80w with the VV chip on the way to him right now. He will do a video mid next week.

Gotta say that’s some shafting by voopoo to do that to Vandy Vape :/. I’m not a fan of voopoo mods as it is, damn fugly mods but that’s real low what they have done to Vandy Vape.

No doubt voopoo will now release a gene chip regulated squonk mod themselves :/.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
It's happened before, sounds similar to the Evolv vs Joyetech patent beef that happened ~2016.

Evolv filed a copyright infringement against Joyetech as they basically said they pretty much reverse engineered the DNA200 board for their RX200. Turns out they were just upset that the RX200 was selling more units than the overpriced DNA200 (which didn't work) at the time. Evolv took them to court and lost.

Soldato
So Tony B finally posted up his video about the drama of his regulated pulse bf mod on YouTube.

Tony B getting shafted through naivety I can understand, VV on the other hand(who should know better to go on a verbal? contract) put out the Pulse 80 on pre-order last week knowing full well there wasn't going to be a Gene chip, so are they ultimately any better than Voopoo?

We hereby promise that all of the products of VOOPOO are originally innovative. VOOPOO will not copy others' work and adhere to the original design.

http://en.voopootech.com/statement

Now wondering whether VV should still get my money or go with the Voopoo as TB obviously knows the Gene is ultimately the tried and tested superior chip otherwise he wouldn't have insisted on VV outsourcing the Gene from Voopoo in the first place, or get nothing and no one wins the cash?:p

Last edited:
Associate
Just picked up a new tank for my Vaporesso Revenger mod. The kit tank just didn't give enough flavour for my liking, so I picked up a Smok TFV12 Prince tank and the flavour went through the roof. Wow what a tank for flavour, especially with the X6 coils.

The only trouble being that the Smok TFV12 Prince tank goes through coils like they are going out of fashion, especially with sweet liquids! Was getting a couple of days at most out of the X6 coils, depending on the juice, but it does give such a great flavour and lots of cloud.

So have picked up a Geekvape Ammit dual coil RTA from the local vape shop. And I must say that the flavour is on par, if not better than the Smok TFV12 Prince tank. Hopefully it will help keep the costs down going forward in terms of coil replacement (around £9 for a 3 pack of Smok TFV12 Prince tank X6 coils). Although it is suppossed to be a bit of a hungry tank juice wise, which is no different to the Smok TFV12 Prince tank really.

Time will tell if it was a good move or not, especially since it's my first ever RTA tank. But first impressions are very good.

Last edited:

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Just picked up a new tank for my Vaporesso Revenger mod. The kit tank just didn't give enough flavour for my liking, so I picked up a Smok TFV12 Prince tank and the flavour went through the roof. Wow what a tank for flavour, especially with the X6 coils.

The only trouble being that the Smok TFV12 Prince tank goes through coils like they are going out of fashion, especially with sweet liquids! Was getting a couple of days at most out of the X6 coils, depending on the juice, but it does give such a great flavour and lots of cloud.

So have picked up a Geekvape dual coil RTA from the local vape shop. And I must say that the flavour is on par, if not better than the Smok TFV12 Prince tank. Hopefully it will help keep the costs down going forward in terms of coil replacement (around £9 for a 3 pack of Smok TFV12 Prince tank X6 coils). Although it is suppossed to be a bit of a hungry tank juice wise, which is no different to the Smok TFV12 Prince tank really.

Time will tell if it was a good move or not, especially since it's my first ever RTA tank. But first impressions are very good.

Which GeekVape RTA was it mate?

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I just found a load of eliquids that I have forgotten about. The date of bottling is July 2016 would these be ok to still use?

Where have they been kept? Should be fine tbh. Doubt there'll be any throat hit in there and the flavour would have diminished.

Associate
They have been in a cupboard one seems to have gone very dark so leaving that for now but just cracked open a jam doughnut flavour and it seems ok.

Caporegime
Excited now lol, should be getting my rebel mods dna75c 20700 squonk mod tomo. Only thing is I forgot to order 20700 batteries and a new charger, which I’ve done now but that won’t be here till next week at least :/.

Ahh well at least I managed to nab a 15% discount code on fogstar.

Back
Top Bottom