***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Caporegime
What are the xtar battery chargers like??

Bought a couple of 20700 batteries from fogstar and also the xtar VC4 charger.

At the moment I’m using the nitecore i4 charger which doesn’t do the 20700 batteries sadly.

Gee

Gee

Soldato

At the moment I’m using the nitecore i4 charger which doesn’t do the 20700 batteries sadly.

I've had the VC4 and the VC2 Plus Master. The VC4 cable is crap. It's a non-standard barrel connector which you'll struggle to find if it claps out (which it will). You also need a good quality mains to USB charger for it to work; a 2.4A one. I ended up chucking mine.

Opus BT-C3100 (which I'm using currently) or the LiitoKala Lii-500 is what I recommend these days. Both on FT for under £25.

Did recently pick up the Xtar MC6II from Fogstar not so long ago actually, good for batch charging - shame about the 0.5A max though.

Depending on how old your i4 is, it should support 20700's. IIRC the 2016 model does, the 2014 one, does not.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ended up getting a few more samples from Jackamoo. Really impressed. Love the blue burg and the ice fruit twist.

I'm still on a Subtank mini (wicking with 26g 5-6 wraps) which performs well on my pico. I'm definitely a flavour chaser and wanted to know if its actually work upgrading to something newer?

Soldato

mine have been fine, been using the vc2 and vc4 for years.

the vc4 will only charge at 0.5a unless you have just 2 batteries in the outer positions, but if you have your battery rotation set up right the charge time isn't really a problem.

Caporegime
I’m using a SMOK m17. A nice little MTL pen. I like it but the tanks not big enough. 2ml just doesn’t cut it. Can anyone give me any alternatives that will give me the same MTL experience but with a bigger tank please?

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Ended up getting a few more samples from Jackamoo. Really impressed. Love the blue burg and the ice fruit twist.

I'm still on a Subtank mini (wicking with 26g 5-6 wraps) which performs well on my pico. I'm definitely a flavour chaser and wanted to know if its actually work upgrading to something newer?

If it keeps you off the fags and you're happy with it, I wouldn't bother getting something else mate.

Associate
I got the Hotcig RSQ Squonker last Saturday and it's been fine except the battery life is terrible.

I'm not sure whether I'm just so used to using mods with two 1850 batteries which last all day or if there's an issue with the battery(s) i'm using.

PS, It also doesn't squonk 100% VG juices very good either.

Anyone else tried or had issue with the Hotcig RSQ Squonker?

Man of Honour
I got the Hotcig RSQ Squonker last Saturday and it's been fine except the battery life is terrible.

I'm not sure whether I'm just so used to using mods with two 1850 batteries which last all day or if there's an issue with the battery(s) i'm using.

PS, It also doesn't squonk 100% VG juices very good either.

Anyone else tried or had issue with the Hotcig RSQ Squonker?

I have one as my daily at the moment, running a VCT5A - the battery life isn't great once you push it past 50w - but otherwise i quite like it. Did try running Max VG juice, found i had to use the stiffer (oh er) of the two bottles but otherwise worked well enough.

Associate
I have one as my daily at the moment, running a VCT5A - the battery life isn't great once you push it past 50w - but otherwise i quite like it. Did try running Max VG juice, found i had to use the stiffer (oh er) of the two bottles but otherwise worked well enough.

Yeah I think it's because I'm trying to run a single 18650 mod at a constant 65 watts all day when I'm used to using the Minikin V2.

I'm going to look into the juice issue again tonight.

Thanks. :D

Permabanned
Yeah I think it's because I'm trying to run a single 18650 mod at a constant 65 watts all day when I'm used to using the Minikin V2.

I'm going to look into the juice issue again tonight.

Thanks. :D
just lift your ohms a little ? take it your trying to run it at .2ish ? or lower? bring it up to .3-.35 you should get most of the day out of it

Associate
just lift your ohms a little ? take it your trying to run it at .2ish ? or lower? bring it up to .3-.35 you should get most of the day out of it

Yeah the build I'm currently using is showing as .26 but I'll try to raise the ohms to 3\3.5 and see if if that's any better.

What do you think would be an ideal wattage?

Associate
really I don't bother with wattage I go off taste if it taste good I'm happy .. 27w on a .34ohm coil for custard atm or 35w 0n a .4ohm coil on absinth
if your wanting a cheap dual battery squonk .. the ds driptech clone off 3 vape works well bout ~£20

I really should start going off the taste rather than using the standard 60\65 watt for every juice that I use.

I'll have a look but currently not in the market for a new mod. :p

Caporegime
I vape at 50 watts on my hotcig rsq and I easily get a day and half use out of my Samsung 30q battery. I usually have 2 fully charged but I easily get a day and half use out of it.

Even at 60 watts on the rsq I get a days use easily.

I run my rda’s at .22 ohms or thereabouts.

Caporegime
mine have been fine, been using the vc2 and vc4 for years.

the vc4 will only charge at 0.5a unless you have just 2 batteries in the outer positions, but if you have your battery rotation set up right the charge time isn't really a problem.
I picked up a xtar sv2 rocket 2 bay charger, charges at 2a. Didn’t have 4 bay chargers in stock and needed a 20700 charger asap. Seems pretty good, I charged 2 18650 batteries in at 2a’s and they were fully charged in about 2 hrs or so. Very impressed, if I need to charge 2 or more I still have my old but gold nitecore i4 charger.

Weird thing is I ordered 2 20700 batteries from the same place I got the charger from, charger arrived this morning but no batteries lol. Got both batteries and charger from fogstar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom