The Walking Dead Season 2.

Soldato
Nice to see a dedicated TWD thread.

I'm surprised people are saying that apart from one or two episodes season 1 was dire. I can't actually remember too much of season 1 so can you expand on what you didn't like about it?

From what I remember both myself and the missus thought it was really good. So much so that I read the books....oh good grief, the books are wildly different from the programme and I think far superior (of course the books don't have to contend with budgets etc.).

I've just watched the trailer for season 2 but after reading the books I have to say I thought 'meh', I don't think it will be able to compare but who knows until it starts.

Those complaining about lack of zombies, it's as Orangest says, it's not about the zombies, it's about the people, their relationships and how they deal with the world they are faced with, it's not about zombies.

Some of the books don't have zombies in either, and in many ways they were the most horrific, the books in places have images and stories that'll never appear on screen and go off course themselves in my opinion.

I wasn't a fan of the Governer stories but they picked up again after that, utterly superb overall though!

Caporegime
Hahaha, why didnt you watch on it tv?
Were you too late?

Yeah, I was a bit late to the party. I was interested right from the start when I knew it was going to be on t.v., but I guess I just forgot. Some time after, while browsing the tube, I noticed someone had uploaded it under a strange title; one episode was headlined as 'Funny moments' iirc. Anyway, thanks a load to the dude that did that, saw the whole thing and it was very good. Guess I got lucky. :D

Soldato
I enjoyed it, but I only watched it because I literally watched everything else that was out at the time series wise. It's just a shame about the end, it was utter crud!

Soldato
6 eps for season 2?

Im seeing a new trend lately.... make fewer episodes that way it wont be canceled before season 2 ;)

Guess this is perhaps a new way with tv series only thing I hope is that they dont take a year to get to the next season! They should at least do 2 seasons per year, if its 6-12eps....

And more importantly each episode should be fun and well written and not a time waster episode with a bunch of women talking about how they miss there favorite vibrators.....

Man of Honour
Uk seasons where never like 24episodes. Look at red dwarf 6 episodes.
Top gear, two series a year 6 episodes each. Do we really need such long series, which are inherently expensive to make and need lots of padding.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd say 13 was perfect tbh. Lots of really good shows have 12 eps per season. The wire, the shield, breaking bad, the sopranos, just a few from the top of my head.

Man of Honour
The premiere will be a 90-minute episode, similar to the pilot episode. After the first seven episodes air, the series will go on hiatus, and then return on February 12, 2012, where the final six episodes of the season will begin airing

So assuming one a week, and kicking off 21st in the UK, will run til 2nd Dec.

2 month break isnt TOO bad I guess :)

Back
Top Bottom