US: **The Walking Dead Season 8 - Contains Spoilers - No future content to be discussed **

Man of Honour
Yesterday was the first time I've skipped through parts of an episode in all the time I've been watching walking dead. The scenes with Carl and that other guy, so dull, just skipped through them all. I think I'm just going to watch it when the season is finished, as much as I love the show, it's currently not worth waiting for a week at a time

Soldato
Not as bad as previous episodes although still plenty of odd bits. As mentioned already, dropping her gun when getting shot at, Daryl appearing from nowhere in the perfect size vehicle to smash it and knowing that he has to. No idea why Rick went back to the junkyard people either, they obviously weren't at the Sanctuary so were no threat there and he said they had plenty of numbers so what's the point? Also threatening to kill them if they didn't accept was idiotic considering he was in there on his own. Did he get chucked out or was he the one in the cage at the end, it wasn't particularly clear.

Associate
Yeah, considering the betrayal last time from the junk yard group I couldn't fathom why on earth Rick went back there with a second chance for them.

Soldato
LOL The writing on this show gets worse. There is no way in hell that Rosita fired that rocket launcher in a building, kill a guy less than 20 foot away without killing herself and the others or at least deafen them! Oh and why didn't she just get another rocket and fire it at the speaker truck??? It was supposed to be a weapons cache...

That was just 1 issue with the ep of many..

Soldato
i was that zoned out that i forgot rick and the junkyard people

''hey. rick. where you going''? oh, you're going to show the junk yard woman some polaroids to then strike a deal? you're not gonna get banged up again are you?

seriously. it's so badly written it's actually becoming insulting.

The Walking Dead has become Coronation Street with zombies. I watched a bit of this week's episode but only because I didn't have to be somewhere else. I agree, that that (s)crap yard cgi was dreadful and that devolved Hazel O'Connor reject, who has forgotten how to speak along with all her cohorts in just a few years, is most annoying and unbelievable. It seems many if not all of the new characters are like ridiculous cartoon characters from a Loony Tunes cartoon. The characters are more one dimensional than Coronation Street. Now we are supposed to care that Morgan is in a crossover with FTWD.

Last edited:
Associate
The picture quality on FOX HD (via sky) is poor and annoying me. I don’t feel like it was so bad in the first couple of episodes but perhaps it was. Really noticed it on the last few episodes.

Associate
The picture quality on FOX HD (via sky) is poor and annoying me. I don’t feel like it was so bad in the first couple of episodes but perhaps it was. Really noticed it on the last few episodes.
I can't comment on fox's service but twd is shot on film and meant to have a very grainy look, which imo is ugly and makes the show look like its been compressed, especially at 720

Soldato
I’ve been a pretty staunch defender of this show but my god it’s now **** :p

I saved up a few and watched episode 2 & 3 together to see if it helped and it didn’t. No idea where they were attacking, why they were attacking, plans, strategy, context, nothing. It’s liked theyve listened too much to the brain dead whiners of season past who just scream for more action and said “fine, here you go” and handed it over at the expense of anything which vaguely resembles a story.

So, so bad and the ending of episode 3 with the ambush was so horribly predictable I just laughed.

Real shame the show has sunk to such a level but the “action! Action! Action!” People from seasons past, surely you love this now yeah? Sadly you occasionally get what you ask for :p

Man of Honour
Yesterday was the first time I've skipped through parts of an episode in all the time I've been watching walking dead. The scenes with Carl and that other guy, so dull, just skipped through them all. I think I'm just going to watch it when the season is finished, as much as I love the show, it's currently not worth waiting for a week at a time

Yeah skipped through most of that and skipped through a few other bits it was just so dull and I could tell you what happened without watching it :s

Now we are supposed to care that Morgan is in a crossover with FTWD.

I suspect they'll just squander the potential but Nick, Strand and Morgan could make a good setup though Strand and Morgan in a general way are a lot of the same character which could be difficult.

Soldato
Lol at this show it’s actually making me angry now how lazy and stupid it’s gotten. It’s just ruining the legacy of the show because apart from this season and last season it was really good.
Some scenes are just utter stupidity you have to wonder who is signing this off as acceptable? It’s to the point that i don’t care about any of the characters anymore.
Why is Jesus insisting on saving this bunch of people from Negans group “who are obviously evil” when they have all gone around killing hundreds of them at the outposts what difference would killing a few more make?
And then Daryl appearing on que to take that woman out with the truck :D and why the hell would Rick go back to that stupid Junkyard crew? How is he going to get out of that metal container now?
I take it that helicopter at the end of last weeks episode was the junkyard crew?

I know this is based on a comic but when is first started, it was sort of believable, for a totally ridiculous concept. The characters were interesting and believable as were the situations they were in but now they have all become caricatures. It happened after Glen and Ginge got theirs. Absurd creations such as Jesus, Tigerman and Hazel O'Connor 8th day woman only compound the drop from enjoyable escapism to cringe inducing nonsense. I bet Sonequa Martin-Green is glad she jumped ship to Star Trek.

Soldato
rick in the gladiator style scrapyard scene got a genuine lol from me

i used to find eugine quite enchanting, now he's just an annoying **** who doesn't speak normally

Back
Top Bottom