The Walking Dead thread

Associate
No, there's no way of saving Carly. :(

I feel that the complaints that the choices didn't really have an effect on the story a bit undeserved really, if it was a truly free form game then the power of the story would have been robbed - it isn't really a game where you try to do everything correctly to get a perfect outcome. Nor is it a morality system like Mass Effect with two clear paths to take. It's more a game where the choices you make aren't there to give you freedom, but to place you more effectively within the game's universe, which makes everything that happens, good or bad, that much more poignant - you had a hand in the outcome but you didn't have full control. I'd give it a 10 for story and concept but a 7 for the execution since there are a few bugs such as the save file issue, and when I finished the final episode I didn't get a statistic breakdown. Best thing I've played this year though, the only other game that made me feel something was the end of MGS3.

Associate
Finished this yesterday after buying when it was on offer. Thoroughly enjoyed the game and was well worth the money, I was surprised by the way that some of the friendly casualties occurred if you did/didnt let them but I imagine that's what you'd expect from a zombie apocalypse :p.

Soldato
Bought this in the Steam sale and, as i'm stuck in for new years, used it as something to entertain me this evening.

Wow. What a game.

I thought I was just getting too old to emotionally invest in video game characters, after playing this though that clearly isn't the case. The voice acting and script are just fantastic.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Bought this in the Steam sale and, as i'm stuck in for new years, used it as something to entertain me this evening.

Wow. What a game.

I thought I was just getting too old to emotionally invest in video game characters, after playing this though that clearly isn't the case. The voice acting and script are just fantastic.

Yeah it good isnt it. I would say i enjoyed this much more than the cost of going to watch a movie. Unfortunately there a lot of people dont recognise the graphics is exactly based from the comic book. So most when they see this title expect Multiude of badass weapons with unlimited ammo with no storyline rendered in super graphics. It just not that type of game.

Caporegime
Yup, I absolutely detest these sort of games, and I mean really hate them and for most of the first episode, I wasn't too fussed on it, but from episode 2 onwards, I loved it! Was so involved in the game and every choice I made is what I would have done in a zombie world, well I would like to think so anyway :p Although it could just be largely due to me being a huge fan of the TV series :p

As someone else said, it is quite a relaxing game too, can just chill back for most of it and have a nice drink and snack whilst playing. The ending was so sad too :(

Regarding the very end of the last episode:

can't believe Lee died, I thought he would have stayed alive until the very end of the next series :confused: :( His character was great, well the person I made him become was great :p :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
can't believe Lee died, I thought he would have stayed alive until the very end of the next series :confused: :( His character was great, well the person I made him become was great :p :D

Well if the TV series is anything to go by, we know that the black guy always dies. Maybe next season will have a new black guy!

Soldato
if this has already been posted then apologies, but one massive problem with this game.

Well it annoyed me no end at least.

If you have Win 8, you wont be able to run this game with your xbox controller plugged in.

You MUST unplug it for the game to boot up. Furthermore Telltale's official stance on this is that they do not support windows 8, so no official fix in the works.

Source "Unfortunately Windows 8 is not currently a supported platform, however all games have been shown to run without a controller plugged in."

http://wrapserver.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=708537

To add insult to injury, i have just discovered that you also lose your save games upon unplugging your xbox controller, thankfully i was inbetween episodes but annoying if you're half way through an Ep. I think this is also mentioned in the OP in the link above.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Just finished the game. What a great story. The acting in it was incredible.

The ending was very sad and emotional. I take it the ending would not have made a difference if i asked Omid whether to get to the train or find a boat?

LoL btw the voice of Clemintine is played a lady not a little girl. Very convincing.

Associate
I started this about a week ago and only got to the farm. However I played through it today and completed episode one and then two. It really does pull you in and the story is brilliant.

I just have to pace myself as I'd happily sit here and complete the whole story tonight. Episode two was brilliant and I loved what happened in it :)

I also like the stats at the end of each episode as well. So happy I bought this in the sale.

Soldato
Fahrenheit was heavily almost entirely QTE driven, this has only a few and they are quite easily completed. Seriously can't wait to see how Season 2 pans out.

It was great playing through all the episodes back to back in December so it sucks now that we will have to experience them in season 2 with long waits in between :(

Soldato
Played through this during my Christmas hols, most fun I've had playing a game in ages.

I've not found a game with a story line so good since the days of final fantasy 7, the voice acting was terrific (albeit some things in the early game i would have changed....for example being able to click on the police officer with his head blown off and have lee say "are you dead?" :p)

Back
Top Bottom