*** The Windows XP x64 Thread ***

Soldato
OP
HP have been quite good with releasing x64 drivers for their most recent printers, however i've yet too see any drivers for their older printer models.

I imagine there will be drivers for the 7350 at some point, as its not exactly old, but currently I cant find any.

EDIT: Although someone has found a work around:

Thank You very much for the tip Muzz and also Ravin. I was able to get my HP Photosmart 7350 to work properly using the Deskjet 930C drivers

http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t2812.html

Those drivers are bundled with XP64.

EDIT2: That thread implies that Photosmart drivers aren't far away though.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
dendresz said:
hi, had the beta but have recently installed dlink wifi card, are there any drivers out or in development for these cards??
Hi :)

DLink have been one of the less helpful brands so far as the consumer has been concerned. There have been no x64 drivers released for any of their products, public or otherwise.

A quick google show's some people have tried to get at least an ETA out of them, but even that info hasn't been disclosed.

The ball is firmly in their court i'm afraid.

Associate
Curiosityx said:
Why upgrade to an operating system which lacks basic media support, management tools, network protocols, plug and play funtionality, reduced hardware support (the list goes on) when you can use win xp.

Basic media support - Windows Media Player 10? Real/QuickTime alternative, xvid, winamp work fine :rolleyes:
Management tools - Not sure about that one, but it is a client OS, not server
Network protocols - what TCP/IP isn't good enough? ;)
Plug and play - works just fine :p
reduced hardware support - only due to manufacturers catching up.

XP64 is working fine on the machine in my sig - the only drivers missing are Epson Stylus Photo R200 Printer (for which I am dual booting). Their are no Logitech iTouch - but I can live without them.

The majority of my apps/games are working fine including World of Warcraft and Steam.

Last edited:
Soldato
Biggest issue i have had on my new x64 system is the limitations with OC.. expecially on my 6800 becuase rivatuner dosnt work. Although i have been informed that they are working on a 64bit version as we speak that should be available by the end of may.. i hope.

Associate
Alchohol - they are working on a beta 64-bit virtual CD driver at the moment.

Most people should wait to upgrade until things have settled, but thats not why we buy 6800's is it.. :D

Soldato
Am i right in saying the only way you can obtain a copy of this is if...

1) You have an MSDN accunt and can download it?

2) Pay $20 and wait 4 - 6 weeks to have it shipped?

Soldato
Acolyte said:
Am i right in saying the only way you can obtain a copy of this is if...

1) You have an MSDN accunt and can download it?

2) Pay $20 and wait 4 - 6 weeks to have it shipped?

Yes those are the two options..

Or if your lucky like me know somone that works at microsoft and get it for £7 a pop :p (or £20 for retail i think it is)

Caporegime
Here's a (possibly) interesting one...

Anyone got any games that use Starforce 3 protection? Something like Soldiers: Heroes of WWII to try on XP 64? From what I understand, Starforce installs some kind of driver to verify the CD so you can play the game. I'm guessing if it does, these drivers won't work on a 64-bit system?

Can anyone verify this for moi?

Back
Top Bottom