***The Wine Thread***

Soldato
Figured that it'd be cool to have some bargains in here, things people recommend, general bants on wine. Wine bants.

I shall commence; I just bought a case of this:

https://www.silkes-weinkeller.de/index.php?cl=details&anid=IT11350

Nativ Eremo San Quirico Agliancio Campi Taurasini 2012

Gets a good rating, so thought for the price point it was well worth a punt.

I am also well in to my Orin Swift wines at the moment, they're such amazing drinks.

Soldato
OP
10254265_935177633255838_1003080502_n.jpg

Bought a case of this stuff, it's about 24.50EUR a bottle, and absolutely stunning. Really great bottle and good value for what it is.

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yes! You won't be disappointed. If you can get the 2010, try one, it's stunning. I have a 2013 and 2012 here on the shelf and don't think I can get any 2010 any more as the supplier ran out.

Bargain on wine direct. It's well worth a try for the money, the cab sav. It's like a less deep, not as thick and rich purple angel. Great blackcurrant nose and finish to it, but lighter and a bit drier than the angel.

Soldato
OP
I also got in 3 bottles of this: http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1311953

2008 Bodegas Pintia (Vega-Sicilia) Toro Pintia Tempranillo - not tried it yet but it's supposed to be great. I never have Spanish wine, or anything other than French, since the shops around here are slightly biased. So I'm working on that :p

With those, I got 3 (now 2 as I had one) bottles of... http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.a...DW1641056_1_K1fc89a652b095bbf552250a6b9ed61b7

2010 Fattoria Le Pupille (Elisabetta Geppetti) Maremma Toscana Saffredi - this was lovely. Tasted more Italian than the likes of a purple angel/ south american / west coast wine, but bags of flavour and really opened up when it breathed.

Soldato
OP
Mine hasn't arrived yet... stupid place. As soon as it does, I'll make sure it's as good as I remember. I think so though, the ratings are really quite good for it and I thought so when I tried it.

I would, anyway. Can't go wrong for a case on 6 bottles.

Soldato
OP
Good news, I do love a brunello, but I've had some disappointing ones, so still looking for some greats. I have had really bad luck with corked ones actually, as has my mum. Of the last 10 we've had between us, probably 8 were corked.

See how these are.

I loved the Nativ (hence buying another 9 bottles), but saw the Blu Nativ too, cheaper and gets a 4.2 vivino so thought it's well worth a try at that price for everyday drinking.

One I have at home, which I'm looking forward to someday is this:

That's if it isn't passed it's best, but hey

Soldato
OP
Drank my last 2 bottles of Nativ last night. It's just such a nice bottle, but so full bodied 2 bottles is quite heavy. Saying that, I managed it... (sharing with the wife, not to myself, but I could :p)

Hope to get the new load in soon, so I don't do without ;)

Soldato
OP
It's not a hobby lol

No idea. Depends, really. I am having a spell without drink for a bit now as I need to drop some weight haha

That means that my wine stash will last me for a while longer. I've recently bought a fair amount in, but that'll now last me for some time and I won't buy any from the supermarket or anything.

I have about 30 bottles of red in at home, ranging from 13-70EUR, then about 10 whites, all about ~10EUR range. I drank most my Cremant last week as we had a guest over all week, but have about 6 bottles left, but they're all ~5-7EUR a piece (it's cheap as anything) and then I have 3 bottles of Louis Roederer (NV, 08 and 09 rosé) as you always need to have a Louis in. Always.
Oh and I have my magnum of Ace of Spades, too. That's being saved for first sale going through on my company :p

Mind you, I've just ordered the above wine too, so that'll take totals up a bit. I didn't get the Orin Swift order though, as I couldn't get it in time for my mate to bring it in his case when he comes over from the US, but I think I have another 32 bottles coming, spent about 900EUR on it (don't tell the wife) but they'll last me a good while.

I figure, I don't get out much now, not with the kids and sitters being so much, so if I want to drink a 100EUR worth of wine on a Fri or Sat night, then it's a cheaper night :) As long as you don't do it daily lol

Back
Top Bottom