The Witcher 2

Permabanned
Never finished the first one, tried it twice, with the new content they added and still couldn't get into it.

Found the story really boring, the combat really boring, the linear design really boring.

They seemed to have changed a lot in the second time around, so i might play this one, but based upon the first one alone, i wouldn't play a 2nd game.

Soldato
Can't come soon enough. I loved the first one. I have no idea how people can call it boring :/

likesitall.gif

Soldato
Played and finished the first. I can't actually remember much about it now. I can't remember the story or how it ended :(

I did enjoy it tho :)

edit - just watched vid - excited now :D

Last edited:
Associate
I wasn't very gripped around the prologue and chapter 1, and I had installed for an age, but finished it a month or two back. I can understand why people might have given up early.

Definitely one of my more memorable gaming experiences of the last.. well a long time. I can't wait for the second. I do hope they haven't changed Geralt's voice, but as long as he's still the womanising boozehound I'll struggle on.

AJK

AJK

Associate
The Witcher (1) has some nasty bugs (I had to replay ALL of chapter 4 after a game-breaker appeared right at the end of the chapter...) and some disgraceful side-quests (kill 10 of this, 10 of that, 400 of these, bash your head into the desk until the pain goes away...)

But it's one of the best RPGs I've ever played, and I'd recommend it to anybody. The Witcher 2's on my must-buy list!

Soldato
I must have been one of the few PC gamers in the world that didn't really like the original Witcher.

I haven't any idea why I couldn't get in to it... I think maybe the combat system or something? I admit though I didn't get to far in to it. Perhaps I should give it another shot?

Associate
When you get into the city things really pick up, or they did for me at least, when things get tougher and you start dabbling with the alchemy and bombs to get through a fight. The brawling in the pubs and pokerdice get a lot harsher aswell. If you already have it, I would urge you give it another go.

AJK

AJK

Associate
I haven't any idea why I couldn't get in to it... I think maybe the combat system or something? I admit though I didn't get to far in to it. Perhaps I should give it another shot?

Combat system did take me a little while to get used to. Tip: DON'T start on "Hard" difficulty, cause then you get no context-based mouse cursor telling you when to click to string combos together - making it much harder to do so!

Back
Top Bottom