Votes: 25 21.7%
  • Stacey Soloman

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Joe McElderry

Votes: 62 53.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Direct from the The X-Factor 2009 website...

If Alexandra’s winning moment seems like it happened in another lifetime, and the long intervening months since her coronation have dragged like a deep-sea trawler, then we have some very exciting news for you: on Saturday 22nd August at 7pm on ITV1 the new series of The X Factor begins!

Write it in the diary, jot it on the calendar, set the alarm, and prepare yourself… because this year’s show promises to be the best it’s ever been, and before long, you’re going to be wondering how you ever survived the first half of 2009 without this entertainment extravaganza in your lives.

Bigger, better, bolder, brighter, we’ve ripped up the ‘How To…’ talent show rule book and rewritten our own; through a heady mix of adventurous foresight and a cavalier can do attitude.

Watch our X Factor hopefuls audition for the judges and the crowds in packed auditoriums across the country, and bear witness as dreams are realised and crushed in equal measure.

It’s all so exciting that The X Factor Towers are physically trembling in anticipation!

So join us on this brave new adventure to Saturday night euphoria… weekends will never be the same again.

After the main show at 7pm on ITV1 be sure to switch to ITV2 for The Xtra Factor at 8:30pm.

So this time next week it starts all over again :eek: Looks like they've taken a page from the US talent shows in regards to their audition process which should increase the pressure on those getting up on stage! :p

Will we have another lad whose name no-one can spell? Another cryer? Another sob story? A lass who is alergic to shoes?! :p We'll soon find out!

Who will be glued to their sets again this year? :D

Man of Honour
Does anyone remember a time when prime time television was full of quality homegrown drama and comedy and not yet more of these cheap to make impress the masses reality TV shows?

I used to watch quite a lot of TV, now it's just this sort of stuff all the time. Am I being nostalgic or has TV really descended into dumbed down programming like this? I guess it chases the ratings.

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;14686201 said:
Does anyone remember a time when prime time television was full of quality homegrown drama and comedy and not yet more of these cheap to make impress the masses reality TV shows?

I used to watch quite a lot of TV, now it's just this sort of stuff all the time. Am I being nostalgic or has TV really descended into dumbed down programming like this? I guess it chases the ratings.

No. It is not just you.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;14686201 said:

I totally agree. Sadly this is what the nation seems to like watching.

Getting the Christmas No.1 used to be an achievement, now X Factor has spoilt that it means absolutely nothing.

Associate
Well I still watch tv but it gets increasingly boring. I watch classic 'dumb people' programs like Jeremy Kyle to laugh at the stupidity of some people and to watch them being yelled at. I miss scrubs being on :(

Associate
NCIS I enjoy.

X Factor sickens me so much I just threw up a little in my mouth.

At least ITV show some good movies. I love Peter Jacksons King Kong. Makes me cry though

Soldato
NCIS I enjoy.

X Factor sickens me so much I just threw up a little in my mouth.

At least ITV show some good movies. I love Peter Jacksons King Kong. Makes me cry though

ITV repeats films far too much, plus I've seen most of them already. It's true we don't compete with America in terms of dramas anymore which is a shame.

Associate
Yes, though Midsomers Murders and Taggart, and Frost are good for ITV programs. I don't watch BBC that much apart from when Torchwood/Doctor Who comes on.

BTW Surely this would belong in the the TV forum

Soldato
I'm sorry, and yes, I will be leaving this thread soon enough, it is a sad fact of life that this happens to be the same year in year out now, it as mildly amusing the first time around, now it is starting to grate.

Has anything good really come out of these shows? not that I've seen. Beyond anything it just seems to brew more 'hate' than anything else.

To those who enjoy this stuff, have fun with it while you can, one day you'll be bitter, twisted and dissattisfied like the rest of us.

Man of Honour
And to the anti-X-factor people, don't think you can derail this before it's even off the first page - you know what the thread is about and if you don't like it, leave.

With the greatest amount of respect nobody is breaking any rules and you asked who would be watching - in order to answer this obviously you'll get people who will not be watching posting, and as this is general discussion, explaining why.

There is nothing wrong with healthy debate about a topic. This is a thread about X-Factor and provided it doesn't get out of hand I see no logical reason to stifle the opinions of those who do not happen to agree with you. If you are going down that road whats the point in discussion anyway?

Back
Top Bottom