• Stacey Soloman

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Joe McElderry

Votes: 62 53.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Permabanned
[TW]Fox;14686201 said:
Does anyone remember a time when prime time television was full of quality homegrown drama and comedy and not yet more of these cheap to make impress the masses reality TV shows?

I used to watch quite a lot of TV, now it's just this sort of stuff all the time. Am I being nostalgic or has TV really descended into dumbed down programming like this? I guess it chases the ratings.

+1

Its great though to see some people who can sing :)

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;14686288 said:
With the greatest amount of respect nobody is breaking any rules and you asked who would be watching - in order to answer this obviously you'll get people who will not be watching posting, and as this is general discussion, explaining why.

There is nothing wrong with healthy debate about a topic. This is a thread about X-Factor and provided it doesn't get out of hand I see no logical reason to stifle the opinions of those who do not happen to agree with you. If you are going down that road whats the point in discussion anyway?

Actually I only asked who would be watching, "who will be glued to their sets again this year?". I didn't ask who wouldn't be or why not. It is a predetermined thread for fans to discuss the show and their opinions on the contestants over the coming months in order to avoid multiple threads on the same topic.

All that was a bit long for the title though as I thought from the OP and a plain bit of common sense would make people realise it was a fan thread :)

Soldato
[TW]Fox;14686201 said:
Does anyone remember a time when prime time television was full of quality homegrown drama and comedy and not yet more of these cheap to make impress the masses reality TV shows?

I used to watch quite a lot of TV, now it's just this sort of stuff all the time. Am I being nostalgic or has TV really descended into dumbed down programming like this? I guess it chases the ratings.

a bit of nostalgia i reckon. i have the same but when i think hard about it i realise it wasnt all that much better back in t day

im not even sure its much dumber than it used to be (im thinking about beadle/edmonds sorta saturday TV that i used to love).

the main problem is it just seems like no one puts any proper effort into it thesedays. just constant rehashes of the same old stuff. oh and theres no one taking risks

anyway... i quite enjoy the earlier rounds of X factor :o find it entertaining. im not a massive fan of the styles of music in it so dont tend to watch it so much nearer the end. also ill give it credit for producing girls aloud probably the best pop act of the 00s

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;14686201 said:

No, Saturday night tv has always been dumbed-down rubbish aimed at idiots and kids staying in on a saturday evening.

Associate
I hope there is another Rhydian type this year as he has been the only contestant over the years that has impressed me at all, maybe because im cynical and bored of the 'normal' pop singers you get on there.

Anything out of the ordinary is good by me, also have they ever had any rock/metal singers get far in the show?

Soldato
X Factor...

...generally a rubbish show but the preliminary auditions I love to watch for the sheer amusement but what's happened this season? It's all done on stage in front of an audience. It's all completely scripted and rehearsed, like the little jokes the contenders have with the judges, it's really cringeworthy for all the wrong reasons (as opposed to the right reasons in years before).

Louie: "Are you an animal person, do you have pets at home?"
Camp lad: "Well Ive got my mum at home"
OH LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! :( Why would you ask that at an audition?

Booo :(

Associate
i miss new and exciting tv shows, not the same thing that goes on for years and years and never changes, i made a lucky escape from the living room when i heard it come on lol.

Back
Top Bottom