The XProto Project - AquaFusion, Vertical, Chrome, Industrial.

Soldato
OP
Decided to treat myself this BF to a new monitor, one that i've been wanting for ages. Missed a lot of deals on this but couldn't say no to £660 plus cashback! Was barely able to fit this in the back of my Mini!

Alienware AW3423DWF 34" QD OLED

Soldato
OP
There's progress! While waiting for the tubing to arrive, i figured i could try and make this work and at least mount the distro now incase there's any issues. Thankfully no issues and it mounted up easily, just had to adjust the brackets slightly so it can slot in.

I did however, massively underestimate how many fittings i would need.. So gonna have to order more fittings to make this look right because right now its abit of a mismatch.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Big fan of vertical designs. Would try my own if it didn't cost so much money :confused:

Yeah unfortunately the cost of entry into ITX is pretty high, especially the boards. It use to be cheap but now you're talking for a decent ITX board its £200-250+ and the SFX psu's are usually more expensive than their ATX counterparts.

Its crazy really.

Soldato
OP
Totally jealous
Been trying to justify getting one
Which site you get the cashback from?
And how much
If don't mind me asking
Have seen a 7% cashback somewhere
But the terms and conditions were a bit vague
After my last cashback issues with asus
I am extremely wary of cashback deals now

Topcashback :D, they were doing a black friday top up as well so i got an additional £15 ontop of the cashback rate which was close to 7% i think?

I paid £660 plus the cashback which works out around £100 on the cashback (if it goes through lol).
Since there wasn't any vouchers or coupons i could find that would work that day, it should be fine. It's only if you use vouchers that aren't through Topcashback that they can decline it.

Yeah im not touching Asus with cashback deals, its criminal :cry:.

Soldato
OP
Thanks mate
Yeah I am a member of topcashback
Though think it directed me to
Alienware site
And the terms and conditions were a little vague
Be interested to see if you receive it
Might just treat myself for Xmas

Ps
Am not stalking you :cry: :cry:

Yeah its fine, it will direct you to where you need to go and just click onto the monitor from there and it should work fine.

Not sure how much longer than offer is gonna be, last i checked there was already 85% claimed so not many left by the looks of it at that price :p.

Haha! i'm seeing you everywhere! :cry:

Soldato
OP
Build complete, i might still move some stuff around and im still thinking about a different pump top for the D5 Next so its a cleaner exit. Overall im happy with the build... time to plan the next one...

Edit, forgot im still waiting for Alphacools stealth metal fans!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Looks amazing mate

Hope you record current temperatures with it
And noise levels if you're able to
To be able to compare against those
Alphacool apex stealth fans
They're making extremely big claims for those

I honestly dont even know if its worth doing, the D30's are super quiet already. I'm only going with the Metal fan cos the Chrome matches the Aesthetics of this build lol.

Soldato
OP
Very nice indeed! You should be extremely proud of that.

Finishing a project is a little bitter sweet isn't it?!

Indeed though im looking forward to the next one now :D.

There is also the fans at the rear to replace yet, was hoping before Xmas but its looking like after Xmas now.

Soldato
OP
Yeah we want a video
With some nice led effects
To really show it off
No rainbow puke though please :cry:

Not only did he do a fantastic build
But yeah
Had to show off
And be the next David Bailey too :cry:
Can't you just be bad at one thing:cry:
Give the rest of us a little bit of hope lol

Seriously though
Did you photograph it
With some sort of black backdrop ?
Or use editing to remove the background?
Or something totally different?
My idea of photography
Is point and pray lol
Did mention not an artistic bone in my body previously :cry:

Haha i really wanna do this, might give it a go through the week but we'll see. There ain't no rainbow puke in any of my builds :cry:.

Lol, more like Amateur photographer! If i can get my lighting set up correctly as im still tinkering with it i'll do more pictures. Got a new LED panel yesterday so had to test it out. Really like the outcome, it did exactly what i wanted it to do.

Yup all the photography work is my own, i should really watermark it like i use to. Using a fabric black backdrop and dining table with a black fabric top to get the effect. Lightroom edited to adjust the backdrop levels and abit of tinkering here and there. I didn't even get the creases out of the fabirc cos i knew i would be editing anyway so didn't matter as much.

Its just practice for me, the more i do something... well the better you get :cry:.

Soldato
OP
Amazing build!! Even though the pictures are out of this world, I bet they still don’t do it justice!!

Thanks!

Its quite hard to capture it in pictures cos there's so many angles where the build looks good.

This build might not be done just yet it seems, i may have found something to tidy up the rear some more bringing the idea of a manifold back to life once more :cry: .

Soldato
OP
The Manifold is here and had to drill some addition holes into the mounting bracket but looks like it will all work out. Shall get to work on this tonight and hopefully have it all finished and tidied up for the grand finale.

Back
Top Bottom