The XProto Project - AquaFusion, Vertical, Chrome, Industrial.

Soldato
OP
Let's race to see who fits their Heatkiller Pro first - spoiler alert, mine has been sitting on my desk for at least a month!

I didn't know you could change the colour of the LED of the 4090FE, it's not mentioned anywhere. Off to google how to do it but then again it also has a block that that needs fitting....

Dunno man i got a busy weekend coming up BUT i always find time to fullfil my lifes interest and hobby.

Quite looking forward to installing this block, the loop run is giving me a slight headache but i have a slight idea on how i wannt to fill the gap between the bottom of the case and the gpu.

Yup! You can, if you haven't find out already you can use OpenRGB to configure it. The software should automatically pick it up ;)

Soldato
OP
Oof what a night, took way longer than i wanted cos the thermal paste on my 4090 had actually dried out! It was crumbly... what the heck, its only a month old! Didn't have any alcohol to clean it with so made do with abit of rag and deionised water. Also note to anyone doing this, there's a ton of pads to install... like loads and a lot of small ones too so its very fiddly. Some you also need to cut but no biggy there, just messy. The block is gorgeous, i canno stress enough how nice this block is. The finish is top notch too, no marks or defects on my sample, i highly rate Watercool and will continue to suppor tthem i think. Being a smaller company their QC is much better than something like EKWB.

Temps are awesome, Cyberpunk 2077 on a undervolt 310 watts sits around (ambient 19c)

Core 40c
Hotspot 42c
Memory Junction 56c

The BEST thing about this block is its completely eliminated the coil whine i had before. It was audible before even with a undervolt because im sat so close to my rig but with this block, there is ZERO coil whine. Its completely gone, im guessing the complete enclosure has helped massively in this instance.

now for the pic heavy:

Soldato
OP
I went itx but the system just run hot all the time so when I went am5 I got a o11 mini again

Can tell you now, no temp issues with this case lol. Not even dust issues tbh, just a quick wipe at the top where the dust lands naturally and thats it.

The Mini is a nice case, i had the OG O11 and that was a good case, just too popular and got sick of seeing the same builds over and over again.

Soldato
OP
really clean build, the farbwerks are amazing arnt they, i use a farbwerk, aquaereo 5 and quadro and no watercooling in sight.:D have you tried using the custom profiles for the rgb, for example on mine is rainbow puke unless i put on itunes then i have it changing to the music and its a lot simpler than you might think to use the profiles. just gotta wrap your head around it.

If i could fit an aquaereo into this i would lol, i wish they would update it so it can be installed like a 5" stats panel. Yup, i have mine all setup, each output is setup to run a different custom setting. I've made use of both the 3pin 5v outlets and the micro connectors so i can run a total of 8 connectors for RGB, its really handy! Love what i can do with it all.

Soldato
OP
That block is beautiful, and as you say it works so well with the orientation. Very cool. Love that case too.

I had no idea the 4090FE was so small! That's opened my eyes to some options in the future.

The pcb is small and the block looks small too but if you had it in your hand, its quite chonky lol. It's quite deceiving how big it actually is, i thought from the pictures it looked small but having it here and seeing it in person its a lot bigger.

Soldato
OP
God I love your build, looks even better the more I see it and that water block looks awesome.

I want to swap out the back 2 fans for the Alphacool Stealth Apex metal fans in chrome to match the rest of the aesthetics next. Just gotta be patient and wait for a release time to get them.

Soldato
OP
Some new temp figures for those who are interested. A couple of hours on cyberpunk tonight to give me a rather accurate reading since this game maxes out the gpu.

Undervolted: PL 78% 280w / 965mv @2820mhz / +1300 memory
35c core
41c hotspot
54c memory junction
27c coolant temp

ambient is the same at 19c.

Overclocked: 400w / +200 core / +1300 memory
41c core
47 hotspot
60c memory junction
29c coolant temp

ambient is the same at 19c

Really impressive numbers considering the wattage im pulling. The new patch on cyberpunk seems to have dropped my power draw, i was able to pull around 480w before but now it wont go over 400w.

Soldato
OP
Did you ever get around to designing a Distro plate?

I shelved it as i decided to change gpu which meant changing waterblocks but its back on the table now. Just need to do my runs again and re-measure everything.

I've contacted a few companies but i think there's only one that's really taken it seriously.

Soldato
OP
Custom Distro Plan and Design:

I was so very torn and tbh im still torn between a custom distro plate(s) and a Manifold which a bunch of people chimed in on over at the watercooling section.

Today i worked on the Distro plate design and measurements according to where my ports will be. This will also involve moving the pump to another location away from the front of the case, possible relocation is underneath the gpu which would also make it the lowest point of the case so its ideal.

Hopefully if it all works out, i will have really clean lines on an open vertical frame like this.

Soldato
OP
Update from the designer, left bank distro is done.

Left to do are:

1. Mounting holes
  2. Right bank distro
  3. Mounting bracket (Cant do until i get the units in to measure accurately)
  4. Rotary fittings for each port (8 in total)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
And the Distros are done! All CAD work is credited to AquaCustoms, many thanks for his time and effort gone into bringing this to this form.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
That looks like it is going to be awesome. What side of the plates are the connectors?

Looking at your rough draft at the top of the page I thought the holes were all at the front, and wondered if fittings at the rear of the plates would be neater. Then I looked at the design drawings and now I'm not sure.

I considered that when designing it but it would be such a huge task to try and line up everything correctly and get it dead on so i decided to have them at the front and use Micro 90 connectors for a double bend so to speak which will give me some wiggle room for alignment.

I realise this will probably kill flow rate but im running a double D5 so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

Soldato
OP
Update:

Quotes in! Production should hopefully start next week, super excited! That means i now need to get off my arse and start ordering fittings, brass tubing, extenders etc.

Soldato
OP
What’s the damage

For a custom piece and with it being 2 pieces, it's not bad at all compared to the distro's that branded manu's sell at.

I got quoted £280 inc vat, includes orings, screws etc.

Not just crappy screws either, proper industry standard stuff from ACCU.

Back
Top Bottom