The XProto Project - AquaFusion, Vertical, Chrome, Industrial.

Custom Distro Plan and Design:

I was so very torn and tbh im still torn between a custom distro plate(s) and a Manifold which a bunch of people chimed in on over at the watercooling section.

Today i worked on the Distro plate design and measurements according to where my ports will be. This will also involve moving the pump to another location away from the front of the case, possible relocation is underneath the gpu which would also make it the lowest point of the case so its ideal.

Hopefully if it all works out, i will have really clean lines on an open vertical frame like this.

Update from the designer, left bank distro is done.

Left to do are:

1. Mounting holes
  2. Right bank distro
  3. Mounting bracket (Cant do until i get the units in to measure accurately)
  4. Rotary fittings for each port (8 in total)

Last edited:
And the Distros are done! All CAD work is credited to AquaCustoms, many thanks for his time and effort gone into bringing this to this form.

Last edited:
That looks like it is going to be awesome. What side of the plates are the connectors?

Looking at your rough draft at the top of the page I thought the holes were all at the front, and wondered if fittings at the rear of the plates would be neater. Then I looked at the design drawings and now I'm not sure.

That looks like it is going to be awesome. What side of the plates are the connectors?

Looking at your rough draft at the top of the page I thought the holes were all at the front, and wondered if fittings at the rear of the plates would be neater. Then I looked at the design drawings and now I'm not sure.

I considered that when designing it but it would be such a huge task to try and line up everything correctly and get it dead on so i decided to have them at the front and use Micro 90 connectors for a double bend so to speak which will give me some wiggle room for alignment.

I realise this will probably kill flow rate but im running a double D5 so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

Update:

Quotes in! Production should hopefully start next week, super excited! That means i now need to get off my arse and start ordering fittings, brass tubing, extenders etc.

What’s the damage

For a custom piece and with it being 2 pieces, it's not bad at all compared to the distro's that branded manu's sell at.

I got quoted £280 inc vat, includes orings, screws etc.

Not just crappy screws either, proper industry standard stuff from ACCU.

Yes that’s the mad sort of price I was expecting

If i do anything like this again i'm definitely going to these guys for work and CAD design. Though the CAD design part im gonna try and learn myself, Fusion360 is a super useful tool to learn for CAD design.

I vaguely remember using something similar during my work experience at Amstrad plc back in my school days lol!

Distro Mount bracket, i've found a local company with a bunch of really nice guys who will cut this out for me out of aluminium. I did consider 3D printing but with the amount of weight hanging of the front, i don't think its strong enough.

Need 2 of these to hold it in place, one at the top and 1 at the bottom. Decided to go with slots instead of holes to give me wiggle room for any alignment issues.

Further adjustment to the mounting bracket, extended the slot by a further 8mm to give me more range. Saves me making 2 different brackets for top and bottom.

They look great, very professional. :cool:

I'm looking forward to seeing how you mount them on the frame and how it looks once connected.

Morning,

Same im quite eager, hopefully should get them sometime next week. A few bits from OCUK to come as well so with all things considered i should be ready to build this coming weekend.

Back
Top Bottom