The XProto Project - AquaFusion, Vertical, Chrome, Industrial.

Soldato
OP
Decided to treat myself this BF to a new monitor, one that i've been wanting for ages. Missed a lot of deals on this but couldn't say no to £660 plus cashback! Was barely able to fit this in the back of my Mini!

Alienware AW3423DWF 34" QD OLED

Soldato
OP
There's progress! While waiting for the tubing to arrive, i figured i could try and make this work and at least mount the distro now incase there's any issues. Thankfully no issues and it mounted up easily, just had to adjust the brackets slightly so it can slot in.

I did however, massively underestimate how many fittings i would need.. So gonna have to order more fittings to make this look right because right now its abit of a mismatch.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Big fan of vertical designs. Would try my own if it didn't cost so much money :confused:

Yeah unfortunately the cost of entry into ITX is pretty high, especially the boards. It use to be cheap but now you're talking for a decent ITX board its £200-250+ and the SFX psu's are usually more expensive than their ATX counterparts.

Its crazy really.

Soldato
Decided to treat myself this BF to a new monitor, one that i've been wanting for ages. Missed a lot of deals on this but couldn't say no to £660 plus cashback! Was barely able to fit this in the back of my Mini!

Alienware AW3423DWF 34" QD OLED

Totally jealous
Been trying to justify getting one
Which site you get the cashback from?
And how much
If don't mind me asking
Have seen a 7% cashback somewhere
But the terms and conditions were a bit vague
After my last cashback issues with asus
I am extremely wary of cashback deals now

Soldato
OP
Totally jealous
Been trying to justify getting one
Which site you get the cashback from?
And how much
If don't mind me asking
Have seen a 7% cashback somewhere
But the terms and conditions were a bit vague
After my last cashback issues with asus
I am extremely wary of cashback deals now

Topcashback :D, they were doing a black friday top up as well so i got an additional £15 ontop of the cashback rate which was close to 7% i think?

I paid £660 plus the cashback which works out around £100 on the cashback (if it goes through lol).
Since there wasn't any vouchers or coupons i could find that would work that day, it should be fine. It's only if you use vouchers that aren't through Topcashback that they can decline it.

Yeah im not touching Asus with cashback deals, its criminal :cry:.

Soldato
Topcashback :D, they were doing a black friday top up as well so i got an additional £15 ontop of the cashback rate which was close to 7% i think?

I paid £660 plus the cashback which works out around £100 on the cashback (if it goes through lol).
Since there wasn't any vouchers or coupons i could find that would work that day, it should be fine. It's only if you use vouchers that aren't through Topcashback that they can decline it.

Yeah im not touching Asus with cashback deals, its criminal :cry:.
Thanks mate
Yeah I am a member of topcashback
Though think it directed me to
Alienware site
And the terms and conditions were a little vague
Be interested to see if you receive it
Might just treat myself for Xmas

Ps
Am not stalking you :cry: :cry:

Soldato
OP
Thanks mate
Yeah I am a member of topcashback
Though think it directed me to
Alienware site
And the terms and conditions were a little vague
Be interested to see if you receive it
Might just treat myself for Xmas

Ps
Am not stalking you :cry: :cry:

Yeah its fine, it will direct you to where you need to go and just click onto the monitor from there and it should work fine.

Not sure how much longer than offer is gonna be, last i checked there was already 85% claimed so not many left by the looks of it at that price :p.

Haha! i'm seeing you everywhere! :cry:

Soldato
Yeah its fine, it will direct you to where you need to go and just click onto the monitor from there and it should work fine.

Not sure how much longer than offer is gonna be, last i checked there was already 85% claimed so not many left by the looks of it at that price :p.

Haha! i'm seeing you everywhere! :cry:
Yeah I considered that they
May all sell out
But also figured they'll do another for Xmas anyway
I have a family member who
Is a student so will also look to see
How much a student discount is

Soldato
OP
Build complete, i might still move some stuff around and im still thinking about a different pump top for the D5 Next so its a cleaner exit. Overall im happy with the build... time to plan the next one...

Edit, forgot im still waiting for Alphacools stealth metal fans!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Looks amazing mate

Hope you record current temperatures with it
And noise levels if you're able to
To be able to compare against those
Alphacool apex stealth fans
They're making extremely big claims for those

I honestly dont even know if its worth doing, the D30's are super quiet already. I'm only going with the Metal fan cos the Chrome matches the Aesthetics of this build lol.

Back
Top Bottom