theHunter: Call of the Wild

Soldato
bought this a week weeks back and really enjoy it but feel like I'm not quite getting it!
average game goes like this:
sneak around for a while til i spot a moose (or dear / bear) > sneak up on it very slowly til i get a clear shot at its chest
shoot it, and shoot it again > spend the next 5 minutes running after its blood trail til it eventually crosses paths with another animal trail and I lose it.
repeat.
around 1 in 5 times I'll actually find the corpse and feel like a champ.

is this normal for those just starting out?

I'm guessing that the weapons you start with (243) i think - will struggle to down a moose/bear (unless you hit heart shots) and thus they will take flesh wound and run away for a long distance till they eventually die.

Start with deer/smaller animals that can be down'd easy. build up money/points to buy better weapons. (7mm does the job/338 etc) - Do the missions - they are easy cash.

Also the polymer bullets are generally better than the softtip ones etc.

Great series here from FLinter -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq2AKGBpOjQ

Thought I got my first diamond tonight - Level 8 Legendary Black bear - turned out to be a high gold (889) instead....gutted. 80 hours in and still waiting for 1st diamond!!

Caporegime
OP
legendary are lvl 9. so lvl 8 is a mythical which is only gold. depends on the species.

i shot a few diamonds recently.

diamonds arent too hard you just have to learn the game. how it works and where to find animals. learn what guns are ethical for each species then learn where they are . once you put time in and effort you realize how good the game is. tomorrow is a massive day for call of the wild. truracks starts. which is a totally random antler system. previously all antlers where symetrical and all looked the same. now there will be over 1 million variations of antlers. meaning you wont ever see the same antlered animal twice. its a big deal. first animals to be changed will be whitetail and blacktail. then elk.

for those who want to know what guns are ethical for which species take a look here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Z5qkyyf_xN7beh6clfjckTH2Ic/edit#gid=455931611

Soldato
I'm guessing that the weapons you start with (243) i think - will struggle to down a moose/bear (unless you hit heart shots) and thus they will take flesh wound and run away for a long distance till they eventually die.

Start with deer/smaller animals that can be down'd easy. build up money/points to buy better weapons. (7mm does the job/338 etc) - Do the missions - they are easy cash.

Also the polymer bullets are generally better than the softtip ones etc.

Great series here from FLinter -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq2AKGBpOjQ

Thought I got my first diamond tonight - Level 8 Legendary Black bear - turned out to be a high gold (889) instead....gutted. 80 hours in and still waiting for 1st diamond!!
Thanks very much for the info appreciated

Associate
I've only had 2 diamond in 2+ years and 400+ hours.
I probably killed a few diamonds early on in the game with poor shots and unethical weaponry.
I've recently deleted the contents of the population file as there were just not decent trophy males around and it seems to be a lot better, still no more diamonds yet though.

Caporegime
OP
bagged a perfect diamond other day for new video then went on layton lakes last night and bagged a truracs diamond whitetail :D my trophy lodge is coming together nicely.

there are plenty of diamond animals about its mainly about understanding the game and areas.

Soldato
Pretty addictive game isn't it! I switch between Siberia and Layton doing missions or just enjoying riding about on the quad bike.
Don't think I've played such an immersive game

Caporegime
OP
medved is nice i think they may add something to it in the future. it is beautiful. yes it is very immersive. i spend as much time hunting in it just roaming around taking pics discovering new places.

Soldato
New stuff coming :)

[New Content] We are excited to announce that on June the 3rd, Treestands and Tripodstands will be released on all platforms. These highly requested features are sure to come in handy!

From their FaceBook page.

Associate
For sure!
It's the only game I own which makes me think my GTX 1080 is actually a worthwhile purchase :D

On Parque Fernando at 4k and the lower end of the detail settings it looks great but my GTX 1080 has its white flag ready to wave, wish the prices of 2080/ti were sensible.

New stuff coming :)

From their FaceBook page.

Tree stands would be ace, I hope they fix the crashing by the release time.

Soldato
On Parque Fernando at 4k and the lower end of the detail settings it looks great but my GTX 1080 has its white flag ready to wave, wish the prices of 2080/ti were sensible.
I play at 2.7k and my 1080 is 60fps most of the time. Everything is on ultra with 2 settings off - haze and blur I think.

Associate
After 300 hours I finally got my first diamond today. Score 1000. Now mounted in the lodge.

Only problem is...
It was the Albino bear on the final Medved challenge - but hey - at least I finally have something to mount in there alongside an Albino Lynx

Associate
Managed to bag a Diamond Cape Buffalo after getting a 942 Lesser Kudu.

JRk2IuH.png

About 10 seconds later I was attacked by a Gold Buffalo which ended in a double K.O as we both died on the fifth shot.
I was after a potential Diamond Springbok after that but the game crashed. :/

Back
Top Bottom