Things I don't like (TIDL) thread

Soldato
Do you use beard oil? Sorted it out for me along with a decent cleanser.

I do when it gets a bit longer, I normally keep quite a short beard but I forget to put it on then look down after rubbing it and find a load of beardruff. My fault really but annoying none the less.

Soldato
**** builders who my landlord keeps hiring despite them being awful at every turn. Apparently a 20cm wide cupboard is a good solution when you forget to allow for render thickness while planning.

R1NnLCNl.jpg
Got to rip the end 2 out and replace with a 60cm that's been mildly trimmed. Happy Friday...

Soldato
People who speed up when you overtake them.
Wickes. They're on my list now.

Bizarre why people do that, complete idiots. I can say the same for some people that overtake as well though, just because they want to do 60mph in a 40mph speed zone for example, and the ones that overtake on blind corners.
I saw some idiot overtake someone in front of me the other day who was going the speed limit, this Merc decides to overtake but it seems to take him ages to do so and its on a very narrow short stretch of country road with a sloped corner up ahead, car comes the opposite way narrowly avoiding a head on collision.

Soldato
**** builders who my landlord keeps hiring despite them being awful at every turn. Apparently a 20cm wide cupboard is a good solution when you forget to allow for render thickness while planning.

R1NnLCNl.jpg
Got to rip the end 2 out and replace with a 60cm that's been mildly trimmed. Happy Friday...

That’s appalling. I’ve seen a half-cut MFI fitter do better.

Soldato
People who speed up when you overtake them.
Wickes. They're on my list now.

Especially when they're, for example, doing 50 on a national limit stretch. Only when you indicate and move to the right hand lane do they hit the throttle and get to speed. I don't want to stereotype but it's generally middle aged to older people that do this and it's ridiculous.

Soldato
Especially when they're, for example, doing 50 on a national limit stretch. Only when you indicate and move to the right hand lane do they hit the throttle and get to speed. I don't want to stereotype but it's generally middle aged to older people that do this and it's ridiculous.

I'm not going to disagree with that steroetype.

Soldato
Bizarre why people do that, complete idiots. I can say the same for some people that overtake as well though, just because they want to do 60mph in a 40mph speed zone for example, and the ones that overtake on blind corners.
I saw some idiot overtake someone in front of me the other day who was going the speed limit, this Merc decides to overtake but it seems to take him ages to do so and its on a very narrow short stretch of country road with a sloped corner up ahead, car comes the opposite way narrowly avoiding a head on collision.

It's like when you join the start of NSL dual carriageway off a roundabout in lane one and the person behind you immediately goes for an overtake in lane 2 but doesn't quite put their foot down fast enough, or they just assume I'm slower because of the make and model of car.

I either have to lay off the gas and let them over take with a sense of achievement, or I carry on and leave them for dust.

Man of Honour
Plenty of TIDL, but the most recent is this:

People who swing their car out towards the crown of the road, when making a left turn into a side road. You're not driving a ******* lorry, or pulling a long trailer, so why do it you muppets!?!

Probably wannabe truckers, they’ve seen “Convoy” or “Duel” and see their Nissan Micra as a 40’ Mack.

People who say "anythink" and/or "everythink"

Oh, you’ve met my brother-in-law have you?
Betfred ? or Paddy Power was it?

Associate
Recruitment agent double-speak.

We are hiring a couple of new employees and the nonsense the agents put on the candidate intros is laughable. Routinely over-selling abilities, there is always some life-changing reason (/excuse) for the candidate having left x, y and z jobs. And then last week, a candidate who apparently answers the phone with "the sound of a smile".

**** me.

Soldato
The term Street Food. ******* grids my gears. Its not any different to any other type of food its just where its sold. How is this a terminology that somehow makes the food unique. It doesn't.
I don't go to a burger van for van food or a friends for house food. It's just bloody food in a different place.
Tonight I think ill go treat myself to restaurant food. No. No. I wont I'll treat myself to food that sold in a bloody restaurant...

Soldato
It's like when you join the start of NSL dual carriageway off a roundabout in lane one and the person behind you immediately goes for an overtake in lane 2 but doesn't quite put their foot down fast enough, or they just assume I'm slower because of the make and model of car.

I either have to lay off the gas and let them over take with a sense of achievement, or I carry on and leave them for dust.

Saw another idiot narrowly avoid a head on last night driving home from work, this car overtakes me and 3 cars in front of me by driving in this middle chevroned part of the road just up ahead a bunch of cars are approaching, he narrowly avoided a collision, I could see the tyre and road dust as he had to quickly force his car out of the way of incoming car, could have been very serious accident. Shame no police are around when you see these things.

Back
Top Bottom