Think the weather's grim? Get used to it.

Caporegime
Gilly said:
Weather cycle or not it is global warming :)

I agree with you btw, but global warming is still global warming.

I worded it slightly wrong. I'm not denying that Global Warming exists, however I am saying that what is happening has only been sped up a finite amount by "our" actions, and that this weather cycle was going to happen regardless :)

Soldato
Senior Bishops said:
The Church of England took a different stance to the Met Office as to cause of the floods — senior bishops said that the severe weather were a consequence of the West’s decision to ignore the Bible.

The church leaders emphasised that while the seven people who died were innocent victims, it was man-made climate change and an “arrogant” world “reaping what we have sown” that had caused the disasters of the past week.
Lol, when will they ever learn :confused:

Stephen Wilson said:
Of course Church of England bishops are right. How could they be anything else? The change in the weather is their God's punishment on mankind. So is bird flu. The death of Princess Diana was God's punishment too. So was the Islamic bombing of New York and London. Let's face it, the Church of England's God is a pretty vindictive sort of character. What a pity he has little to do with the Jesus Christ of the Gospels.
This guy didn't go far enough :p

Soldato
personaly i love the rain and cold cliamits. if global warming means more rain, then thats good imo. The only bad thing i hate abotu global warming is we get less snow each year, eventully england wont get any snow, except up north.

If its too cold, its not hard to get warm, where as if its too hot, it can be difficult to cool down.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Gilly said:
You'll still need it. Its nice and rainy but its still too warm.

Where are you based Gilly?

I love Winter, my favourite season by a mile, but I'm happy with any daytime temperatures under 25 deg C at this time of year. Under 20 is perfect.

Man of Honour
paradigm said:
I worded it slightly wrong. I'm not denying that Global Warming exists, however I am saying that what is happening has only been sped up a finite amount by "our" actions, and that this weather cycle was going to happen regardless :)
Yeah, thats what I meant by I agree with you :)

Lysander said:
Where are you based Gilly?
West Yorks

Associate
I don't mind it raining (although the cost to certain areas is very high), but I dislike the heat with the rain. I can't sleep properly as it is too warm, yet it also rains. I would like cold weather with rain (but not too many electric storms as I like using my computer).

Angus Higgins

Soldato
You're reminding me now its been a while since we had a really good thunderstorm here, had a few in the past weeks, but nothing major.

Love thunderstorms, such a sense of wonder.

Man of Honour
Angus-Higgins said:
I would like cold weather with rain (but not too many electric storms as I like using my computer).
I've never once turned my electrical equipment off during a storm and never once had a problem with it. No surge protector either :)

Associate
Gilly said:
I've never once turned my electrical equipment off during a storm and never once had a problem with it. No surge protector either :)

OK. I prefer to be on the safe side. It would be illogical to hear this single story and change my ways I believe. (It would be nice to use my computer in these storms, but I value it too much). I use a surge protector also, but I find that it is better safe than sorry.

Angus Higgins

Back
Top Bottom