Thinking of getting an EV

Soldato
Got Octopus EV coming through my job soon I'm told, have been running 1 family-wagon since Covid lockdown and WfH has persisted with company going full-remote but salary sacrifice EV scheme might make sense to get back into having 2 cars running, especially as its 'turn-key' no additional expense or upfront, or so im told.

Soldato
Got Octopus EV coming through my job soon I'm told, have been running 1 family-wagon since Covid lockdown and WfH has persisted with company going full-remote but salary sacrifice EV scheme might make sense to get back into having 2 cars running, especially as its 'turn-key' no additional expense or upfront, or so im told.

We have octopus ev scheme at ours. Comes with a charger install and insurance included.

Tempted by one myself tbh. I wouldn't have usually considered it but the price seems reasonable considering.

Be aware of how it will screw your pension contributions too mind.

Soldato
well depending on where you are tax bracket wise it can also 'help' keep you under whatever threshold, alongside bumping pension contributions... but yeah i'd imagine as its taken pre-tax it nerfs your overall 'take-home' and therefore the percentage salary contributions...

We've not yet had our company introduction with Octopus EV, i'd be interested to know what order the 'deductibles' are taken, obviously preference on pension first would be nice, but maybe there's a set order

Our company have been toying with the idea for the last 2 years, apparently the master-hire agreement is days away from being signed and then we'll get employee rollout, im just waiting for my company invite code so i can see what cars they have in the salary sacrifice scheme. I got a callback from one of their customer support folks as i'd filled something in mistakenly as a 'direct customer' and the guy said the cars and deals are entirely different so best to wait

Soldato
You'll have to speak to your own HR department as to whether it reduces your pensionable pay or not. Most of the time it doesn't but it absolutely does at some employers.

They are a bit late getting on the gravy train, its only got a few years left in reality, BiK rates are only heading in one direction (to be clear, it isn't down).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom