This Instant And Moment - 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Honestly the only thing I remember from being 25 was getting a new car for the first time :D It's the last 7.5 years that have been a bit of a blur lol

(Definitely don't wish I was back in school though, was not a good time for me.)

And I haven't been reading fifty shades of grey :p (though I did watch the second film last night :o)

Blimey, there's a blast from the past - haven't seen you post in years! Hope life is treating you well :)

Caporegime
It doesn't sound like you are able to save enough to really ramp up the deposit like you'd probably need to. £200 isn't all that much in the scheme of things unfortunately. Very quickly eaten by various fees you incur when buying as well.

Most lenders will do max of about 5 x income, as a couple this should include both of your incomes.

In most respects a mortgage payment should be roughly equivalent to your rental payments, but the deposit is the kicker. The better the deposit the less you pay in general.

I've not really looked at it too much, but if you don't have much of a deposit and you want to buy, you'd probably need to seriously look at the HTB scheme where the government put in 20% deposit, and you put in 5%.

The scheme seems reasonable but you need to actually plan to pay off the 20% before it starts costing you money on top of the mortgage.

For a beginning I would see if you can cut anything out of your budget that you don't need. What is your rough monthly costs like for various things?

If you are savvy then you might be able to save extra money by just negotiating better deals, or switching to different providers for things when contracts are up for renewal.

I agree that living like a hermit isn't a good idea, but I guess some sacrifices must be made if you want to own your own house.

Indeed, we met with an advisor the other week so are aware of what is required :)

Just going to be a long road

Caporegime
OP
Other way round in our house. Mum talks fairly softly, Dad sounds like he's trying to use the phone from across the room. Not sure what I'm like, probably somewhere in the middle. :p

Soldato
So Women have to shout on the phone ?, my Mother did it, my Sister does and the Wife does it, so it must be a thing right ?
My mum is loud from years of having to shout for my dad or uncle to be able to actually hear her. I have to keep reminding her not to be so loud when she's talking to me!

I like to think I'm not loud on the phone though lol

Acme - Why so many cars?!?! Did you wreck that many?! :p

I'm on my 4th since passing 10 years ago.

Caporegime
OP
Acme - Why so many cars?!?! Did you wreck that many?! :p

I'm on my 4th since passing 10 years ago.

Hahahaha, no I've only crashed two of them, both easily repairable (so I repaired them) :p

I get bored easily! :)

Many many more questionable decisions

Undoubtedly!

A decent car hopefully :p

Only one of us has owned a Vauxhall Astra, and it isn't me... ;)

Christ, you have bought some shoite?

Oi, only a couple of them were shoite. :p

Soldato
Hahahaha, no I've only crashed two of them, both easily repairable (so I repaired them) :p

I get bored easily! :)

Undoubtedly!

Only one of us has owned a Vauxhall Astra, and it isn't me... ;)

Oi, only a couple of them were shoite. :p
Still got it, hasn't missed a beat all these years :D and it's only on 35k miles. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom