This Instant And Moment - 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
i still don’t know what gave it away lol, all Gibson with binding looks the same to me, you can get an R8 with flame top and a R9 with plain top these days. Wear on metal and aging on plastics are all fake too.
Probably just a lucky guess based on what I remember looking at then. :p

I think the class 5's may have a slightly different bridge though.

Soldato
Just had BLT rolls while sat in the garden. The birds are singing and the sun is shining and Mam enjoyed the bacon. Perfect.

Soldato
Just had BLT rolls while sat in the garden. The birds are singing and the sun is shining and Mam enjoyed the bacon. Perfect.
Thank you for sharing Yadda, I know you've got a lot going on. The empathy hits hard when you have a rough one but these good moments are really nice :)

Just waiting on a sammich from my girlfriend. She's so much better at food than me, and I'm no slouch. Excited!

Soldato
Damn I would kill for a BLT. Even just to have some toast with butter. I need to try a certain diet for a while to try and improve a few health things, one of them being yeast so can't even have my gluten free bread :( but gotta stay positive, this could be the answer to finally fixing some things :)

Got a vegan cauliflower curry currently cooking. Hoping it tastes nice considering I'm really not a fan of cauliflower :o lol

Caporegime
Damn I would kill for a BLT. Even just to have some toast with butter. I need to try a certain diet for a while to try and improve a few health things, one of them being yeast so can't even have my gluten free bread :( but gotta stay positive, this could be the answer to finally fixing some things :)

Got a vegan cauliflower curry currently cooking. Hoping it tastes nice considering I'm really not a fan of cauliflower :o lol

Get some olive oil, put some Jerk spice (or any kind of spices you like into the oil), then smother it all over the cauliflower and then bake it in the oven at about 180c for about an hour.

Soldato
Get some olive oil, put some Jerk spice (or any kind of spices you like into the oil), then smother it all over the cauliflower and then bake it in the oven at about 180c for about an hour.
What Raymond said. We do buffalo or Southern fried cauliflower. Buffalo is easy, smear seasoning on and bake. Southern fried needs dipping and crumbing but much the same. Super tasty! Are you gluten free as well?

Soldato
Just got my guitar out after about 8 years of ot being in storage at my parents. I started to play when i was unemployed after uni for 6 months, when i got my first full time job i stopped playing(shock to the system maybe).

I have bought a course on udemy and have bought a boss katana mini. Parents don’t know where my crappy ibanez amp went. There is annoying fret buzz on 3rd fret A string, everywhere else seems perfect, any ideas?

Soldato
Thank you for sharing Yadda, I know you've got a lot going on. The empathy hits hard when you have a rough one but these good moments are really nice :)

Just waiting on a sammich from my girlfriend. She's so much better at food than me, and I'm no slouch. Excited!

Thanks mate, that's nice of you to say. I hope you're sandwich was good - what was in it?

Well done. As good as BLT is - and I do really like it, it's my regular Saturday treat - I'd give them up in a heartbeat if I had to. Besides, that cauliflower curry sounds fantastic. :) (...as do the other cauliflower ideas above. I'll be trying that sometime.)

Caporegime
Just got my guitar out after about 8 years of ot being in storage at my parents. I started to play when i was unemployed after uni for 6 months, when i got my first full time job i stopped playing(shock to the system maybe).

I have bought a course on udemy and have bought a boss katana mini. Parents don’t know where my crappy ibanez amp went. There is annoying fret buzz on 3rd fret A string, everywhere else seems perfect, any ideas?

What guitar is it?

Soldato
There is annoying fret buzz on 3rd fret A string, everywhere else seems perfect, any ideas?
Could well be a kink in the string. Try new strings - or at least have a look there.

It could be a low fret but that'd likely affect more strings. It could be low action or neck too straight, but that would affect several frets. Is it a very pronounced buzz compared to 1st and 3rd fret?

Soldato
To quote an ex colleague the vegan cauliflower curry was "not that bad actually" I followed the comments and did a teaspoon of the spices rather than half (except the coriander as I don't overly like it) and it turned out well :)

I've got a recipe for yeast free baps which I might try later, depends how much more painting of this canvas I decide to do :D

@UnLuckyBenski yes, I'm gluten free :)

Last edited:
Soldato
To quote an ex colleague the vegan cauliflower curry was "not that bad actually" I followed the comments and did a teaspoon of the spices (except the coriander as I don't overly like it) and it turned out well :)

I've got a recipe for yeast free baps which I might try later, depends how much more painting of this canvas I decide to do :D
Sounds good, show us your baps when you're ready.

Caporegime
That's a cool decal, can I ask where you got it? I'm working on a partscaster too!
The bay of E. Though I may use a different decal because I feel like the partscaster decal makes it seem cheaper than the Squier Affinity Strat that it actually is under the skin.

You have to prep the surface so it is dead smooth and free from contaminates, apply the decal, wait a day, apply loads of lacquer, wait a day, then wet sand an polish, and even then you will still see the faint outline of the decal in some lighting... Very annoying because all the ads assured that once clearcoated the transition would be invisible... Nope!

Soldato
Thanks mate, that's nice of you to say. I hope you're sandwich was good - what was in it?
Crushed chickpeas in a kind of sandwich filler mix. Homemade though - chopped pickles, smokey tofu, mayo, sweetcorn, loads of seasonings. Girlfriend is the best vegan cook! Got it from Chris Morocco's recipe in this video (he's the first one):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom