This Instant And Moment - 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
To quote an ex colleague the vegan cauliflower curry was "not that bad actually" I followed the comments and did a teaspoon of the spices rather than half (except the coriander as I don't overly like it) and it turned out well :)

never liked cauliflower but had afew pre made vegan products with it so i am going to invest in one next time i shop ,the oven baking method sounds ok but think i will try the air fryer ,will be a change from lentil or chick pea or soya mince currys . the chick peas and lentils are great for protein though 16 grams a tin for the chick peas and very cheap.
growing my own spinach so chuck that in as well

Soldato
never liked cauliflower but had afew pre made vegan products with it so i am going to invest in one next time i shop ,the oven baking method sounds ok but think i will try the air fryer ,will be a change from lentil or chick pea or soya mince currys . the chick peas and lentils are great for protein though 16 grams a tin for the chick peas and very cheap.
growing my own spinach so chuck that in as well

I could still slightly taste the cauliflower but the spices were enough to make it taste ok
Here's the recipe in case you wanted it :) https://www.thecandidadiet.com/recipe/cauliflower-curry/

@Mrs Seabiscuit I didn't get around to making the baps last night so made them this morning and they are currently in the oven. I did read somewhere though that baking soda works well in place of the yeast. This is my first attempt though lol

Soldato
well my daughter up in London (she went to UCL) can now officially have a Dr in front of her name (medical science ,cancer) her viva was cancelled so many times but eventually had an online one ,now its all official ,she also gave me her old kindle ,started reading Harry potter ,not expecting to spend long on it but on the last one now ,shes told me to try the wheel of time series next ,looks a little long but will give it a bash ,my concentration is rubbish though ,and when you start getting loads of characters and sub plots i am constantly re reading pages !

Soldato
Does reaching into your halogen oven make your arms look like you self-harm? (Especially with the extention hoop fitted.)

I really need to start using the tong thing to lift stuff out of it.

Soldato
What do you do when even under lockdown you feel like society is crowding you? Housemate came home from his parents yesterday, my nice little bubble of home life has been burst :p

Soldato
If its old strings, like Unluckybenski says, change them first, clean the frets while you are at it. put a bit of pencil graphite shaving into the nut.

Changed the strings and that seems to have done the trick for the fret buzz. Not sure if i put them on correctly though as the strings wrap around 1 or 1 & 1/2 times. and i have about 6-8 inches of spare string.

It tunes fine so far though.

Soldato
Changed the strings and that seems to have done the trick for the fret buzz. Not sure if i put them on correctly though as the strings wrap around 1 or 1 & 1/2 times. and i have about 6-8 inches of spare string.

It tunes fine so far though.
Spare string isn't relevant, your strings might have been fitted to a Strat, a Les Paul, a left handed Strat or a guitar with a 6 inch tailpiece needing extra length. Just cut it off. So long as you have a full wrap around the tuner post MINIMUM, it'll be ok.

I measure 3 fingers' thickness past the post and put a bend in the string there. Then that bend becomes the point I insert it through the hole to.

Soldato
What do you do when even under lockdown you feel like society is crowding you? Housemate came home from his parents yesterday, my nice little bubble of home life has been burst :p
Do you mean he had been staying with them when lockdown started? If so I wouldn't have thought that he was allowed to return to where you are (Obviously bit late now) as he's been in contact with other people that could be asymptomatic.

My back is agony today :/ put some gel on and my back "support belt" but it hasn't really eased much. I also feel really chilly, yet people are saying it's meant to be a scorcher today :confused: according to my phone it's only 13 °C lol

Gonna get an early lunch and snuggle on the sofa with my fur babies :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you mean he had been staying with them when lockdown started? If so I wouldn't have thought that he was allowed to return to where you are (Obviously bit late now) but he's been in contact with other people that could be asymptomatic.
Yep, he was up there for mother's day. It's been bliss actually, just 2 of us in the house and so peaceful. He doesn't communicate at all, it took 2 weeks for us to realise he wasn't coming home and yesterday he just turned up again. It's not a very homely way to treat people you live with.

I'm freezing too, went round closing all the windows and I might even get a jumper out :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom