This Instant And Moment - 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Is everyone just borked this week? Monday afternoon my neck/back seized up and by today I couldn't get out of bed! Stacking up the painkillers but it's totally ruining my concentration :(

Edit: the curry's fine ;) I mean your teef!

My tooth was cracked a couple of weeks back but only recently had sensitivity when eating. Tried last week to get through to dentist but no one ever answered the phone. Finally got through on Monday lol

I don't have or take paracetamol etc so just suffering through the aching for now lol

Sorry to hear about your back :( I have sciatica which flares up every now and then so I can relate. I use joint ace gel for mine and an acupressure mat when it starts to get bad.

I saw an osteopath a while back and he said he doubts I'll ever fully resolve the issue and that it's probably caused by heavy lifting as a kid (I did a cleaning job with my mum from age of 11 to 16 and had to lift heavy mop and buckets/ vacuum cleaners)

Soldato
Listening out for the door most of the afternoon because the Doctor was due "around 3pm" (for the second time following a no-show on Tuesday).
No sign of the Doctor by 5:30pm so I start prepping the evening meal in the kitchen, telling my mother (who the Doc was coming to see - "suspect dementia") that if the Doctor knocks on the front door while I'm in the kitchen, she is not to answer the door but to tell me so I can put her mask on before letting the Doc in.
30 mins or so later I returned to the front room and saw the front inside door open. The Doctor had been and gone, and my mother - who didn't have her mask on - has no idea what they said.

Jesus ****ing Christ.

Soldato
@Yadda what the heck, surely the doctor should have called out for you and waited to speak to you before/after seeing your mum

You'd think so, wouldn't you? Especially with a big PhD brain.

I sent them an email. It's not on, is it?

Edit:
I really tried to make it as calm as possible but I was raging and I typed it quickly so it got a bit rambley instead.

Hi,

My name is XX and my mother (XX, DOB **/**/**) is a patient of yours.

My mother has a number of ongoing issues including confusion and memory problems and we were expecting a home visit today at around 3pm (originally arranged for Tuesday afternoon but having waited all day and evening, no-one came).

After listening out for the door again all this afternoon, at around 5:30pm I began preparing our food in the kitchen. I told my mother that if the Doctor comes, not to answer the door but to let me know immediately and I would put her mask on before letting the Doctor in (something I ALWAYS do). Unfortunately, the Doctor did arrive while I was in the kitchen and my mother let them in. The Doctor had been & gone before I knew anything about it.

This raises two very important issues:

- by answering the door without a mask, my mother has exposed herself to an increased risk of catching the coronavirus.

- I don't have any idea how the consultation went nor was I able to discuss things with the Doctor. Also, my mother says the Doctor will be back tomorrow but I don't know why nor do I know if she's mistaken, so that's another phone call I'll need to make tomorrow.

Can I please ask: in future when visiting patients with memory/confusion issues, that Doctors ensure that they treat the CARER as the point of contact, and not the patient? It would save an awful lot of worry and hassle.

Regards,
XX

Last edited:
Caporegime
@Yadda thats appauling.

Another one for you; when I was a kid I once had to have a home visit because of a severe stomach issue.

I never did get the home visit. The GP knocked herself out getting out of the taxi she arrived in by standing too quickly and hitting her head on the door frame. Big brain on that one too.

Soldato
@Dis86 Yes, it's not what I expected but to be totally honest, nothing surprises me now. If you heard a strange noise at around 6pm then it could have been me stretching my lungs (and anneurysm probably) outside in the woods. :(

Caporegime
@Dis86 Yes, it's not what I expected but to be totally honest, nothing surprises me now. If you heard a strange noise at around 6pm then it could have been me stretching my lungs (and anneurysm probably) outside in the woods. :(

Yeah, I can feel the infuriation from here. Think you've been rather calm in your response to then given how utterly stupid they've been.
Hope they correct it swiftly for both yours and your mum's sake.

Soldato
Thanks @Dis86.

Just seen @secretspy 's post, above mine but posted at the same moment.

Toothache - yikes! Hope you get an appointment very soon. In the meantime if you're not already doing it, keep it super-clean. A gentle but thorough brush and a really good rinse (room temp water will help so fill a bottle) after everything you eat or drink should keep the pain to a minimum. Good luck!

Soldato
@Yadda I think your email is worded fine. To the point but still polite.

Regarding my toothache, it's following my visit to dentist this morning where he did a temporary fix until such time that I can have the filling re done lol. Hopefully it will have eased by morning. It's not aching as much but still painful when I open my mouth too wide lol :p

Soldato
Ouch. Toothache has got to be one of the worst forms of pain.

I’ve broken/sprained various things but toothache is still the worst!

As for me. I had a £20 voucher for Dominos for buying insurance through confused.com. Decided on a Thursday night treat. Although annoyingly the 2 pizzas for £9.99 each deal isn’t compatible with the voucher (it’s not like just cash). So it works out exactly the same with the voucher as it would with cash. Still £20 for the 2 of us.

I wasn’t even bothered Before hand but after a few hours of thinking of pizza we went ahead with it and both had a fat night of eating the whole pizza. We usually save some for breakfast. Went to bed feeling ill and now I still feel stuffed!

Edit. Apologies. Realised it’s a bit insensitive talking about being a fat git stuffing my face with pizza after someone has toothache!

Soldato
Haha don't worry mine wasn't full on throbbing toothache like I've had before, it was just a dull ache. Though it did still bother me lol

Its only hurting now when I open my mouth too wide, though I can do so a bit more now, before it kicks in.

I went off dominoes as my local where I used to live always put too much sauce on and I'd feel horrible the next day.

I now live near a pizza hut and the pizza is sooo much better. I don't feel awful the day after or like I've consumed a bucket full of salt! Plus they always do the £5 deal so you can get 2 medium pizzas for £5 each. The min order is £10.99 so I normally get 2 pizzas and the trio of dips or get a bottle of water lol. I also do it through quidco, it doesn't give a lot of cashback but every little helps :)

Soldato
Yeah. The one I had last night had too much sauce on it. It’s usually ok though.

I miss Pizza Hut. I can’t get it since we moved house and I always much preferred it over Dominos. That garlic salt on the crust is delicious!

I’m with you on cash back though. We’ve just ordered new Sofas and 3% on £3000 gives a decent chunk back!

Soldato
Just spoken to the GP surgery. Apparently they have too many people on their books to remember which patients aren't well enough to remember what ****ing day it is so need someone else present with them. Apparently there's a form for that and I need to fill one in.

:rolleyes:

Additionally, after stretching my lungs in the woods for 10 minutes last night I've lost my voice completely today and sound very squeeky. :o

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just spoken to the GP surgery. Apparently they have too many people on their books to remember which patients aren't well enough to remember what ****ing day it is so need someone else present with them. Apparently there's a form for that and I need to fill one in.

:rolleyes:

Additionally, after stretching my lungs in the woods for 10 minutes last night I've lost my voice completely today and sound very squeeky. :o

Surely that should be on your mum's records which the GP should be checking before the appointment?

Soldato
Please tell us it's something like this

It's not far off! :)

Surely that should be on your mum's records which the GP should be checking before the appointment?

Well apparently the fact that my mother doesn't know her own address isn't enough. Unless we tell them explicitly that I need to be present during consultations (using their beloved form), then they don't deem it necessary. Good, huh?

Anyway, positive vibes from now on, Dis.
Positive. ****ing. Vibes.

Isn't this rain just wonderful? :)

Caporegime
It's not far off! :)

Well apparently the fact that my mother doesn't know her own address isn't enough. Unless we tell them explicitly that I need to be present during consultations (using their beloved form), then they don't deem it necessary. Good, huh?

Anyway, positive vibes from now on, Dis.
Positive. ****ing. Vibes.

Isn't this rain just wonderful? :)

Lol positive vibes indeed. Surely the rain is pleasant enough in your part of the world?

Soldato
Lol positive vibes indeed. Surely the rain is pleasant enough in your part of the world?

Yea, if there's one thing we're never short of up this way, it's liquid sunshine. A North Walian that doesn't like rain isn't going to be a very happy chappy. :)

Soldato
Very dry part of the country where I am. We only receive about 550mm per year. *snip*

Blimey, it's almost double that here. Not great for the sheep farmers who are trying to shear at the moment but that's ok - I prefer 'em with a bit of wool on their backs if you know what I mean. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom