This Instant And Moment - 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
What a weekend. Granddad passes away on Friday - 89, he had a good life and not Covid related. Smoke and drank to ridiculous levels, I’ll never know how he got to that age.

Then an ex student passes away, 20. Nicest kid you’d meet. Cancer - you’d have better odds of winning the lottery than getting this one too. Life ain’t fair.

Commissario
OP
I've been watching so much Outlander that I just twigged I've been reading things (in my head) for the last few mins, in a scottish accent :o
I struggled through ten episodes before I finally realised how rubbish that show is. I thought I'd try the first book to see if it was any better and it's utter garbage, a ten year old could write better than that. How those books got the following they did and how the series ever got made is beyond me. Complete gash.

Scotland is great though.

Soldato
Treated myself to some Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals. Bit more than I wanted to pay, but I'd only have kicked myself getting another cheap set.

Also still struggling to swallow pills, only thing that helps is a gulp of fizzy drink, let it bubble up then force it down so I don't feel it's there. Sucks.

Soldato
Tried to book a GP appointment yesterday using the Ask NHS app. Turns out the reason it's always "could not find any appointments" is because it thinks I'm registered at a surgery that closed years ago. Terrible system and terrible app.

Went direct to the surgery website and booked an appointment for this morning, easy! Will be walking down there shortly to hand in my ADHD assessment referral forms :)

Caporegime
Anyone here using BT as their ISP? Apparently a major power outage has caused loss of connection in many locations throughout the country.

Soldato
Good luck @Admiral Huddy

I'm looking at flights to Spain to go and visit my parents. Wondering whether to gamble on the current dates of travel and also wondering what the rules will be given we're not in the EU anymore. Do i aim for earlier or push back to September to be safe.

Also i've changed my desk to stick my laptop on a shoebox (very high tech), and then using an actual keyboard. However i'm used to pressed "FN + End" to scroll down the page, where the FN key would be on my laptop is the Windows key on the keytboard and i no longer need to press that. Just the End button. I keep changing stuff around by accident!

Also this keyboard is horrible to use. Might have to get a new one.

Soldato
Also whoop, new tv is being delivered tomorrow. Have been messing around for around 5 months with RS over a repair and they finally accepted to just exchange it. Feel like only i could end up spending an extra £700 on a warranty replacement :p
You're not the only one, I helped a friend work through his Richer Sounds warranty over Christmas - £369 voucher given for replacement, and they dropped an extra 230 to upgrade!

What are you getting?

Soldato
You're not the only one, I helped a friend work through his Richer Sounds warranty over Christmas - £369 voucher given for replacement, and they dropped an extra 230 to upgrade!

What are you getting?

Samsung QE65Q95T

Our old tv was one of the first QLEDS (55Q7F), i'd have been ok with the like for like replacement, but Samsung decided to only include the One Connect Box in with the top end TV and due to tv position the minimal cables is beneficial. Even if i chased out the wall for running cables to the soundbar etc, you'd still be able to see them from the side. From what i can see it's a great TV and whilst maybe not as good as the LG OLEDS on black levels, they're still good and brightness is much improved. Either way it'll be a big step-up from our current TV.

Then figured if i'm paying extra anyway for the Q95T model, i might as well go the whole hog and move up to 65" :D

Associate
Getting tense because the stuff I have coming from Germany is stuck at the border and the stuff from the UK has yet to ship and part of my order has gone out of stock so I just need to hope that some of it got allocated to me since I ordered when there was stock available.
It may end up being yet another week not being able to "finish" my new computer (I say finish like that because I'll still be waiting on a Lian-Li Strimer 24pin and my braided cables but those can be added to a build after the fact)

Soldato
Hmm so got a call through direct work line from the police because an ex employee of an old supplier was giving customers his bank details for end of contract bills. we did owe the money we paid, we just paid him unknowingly. They wanted some questions answered over email to draw up a statement which they would then send back for me to sign. The officer read out my work email address (as well as confirming some info that they'd only have if they'd hacked mine or the suppliers emails).

Email came through and it gives the bank details we paid to, asks me to confirm if we did pay to that account, who I dealt with etc but then they also want the following info of mine

Full name, job title, work address, home address, contact numbers, d.o.b, place of birth, ethnicity

Because my colleague had a scam caller around the same time it's now made us a bit paranoid even though I think it is legit. Seems excessive amount of personal info though. Is that normal?

Was thinking of calling 101 tomorrow to double check it. They did explain over the phone what action was being taken against the person and the email reiterates this

@Burnsy2023 does this sound right?

Soldato
Full name, job title, work address, home address, contact numbers, d.o.b, place of birth, ethnicity

No way. This is not required, especially if it’s work related and has all the hallmarks of a scam.

What email address did the email actually come from? Best get someone to check the headers.

If it’s work related I’d report up the chain and to IT. Let the company deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom