This Instant And Moment - 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
God, trains in this country are pathetic...

I was going to get to see my sister for the first time in more than half a year today - she was coming up from London to see me and our parents. That was until she got trapped in London by a signalling fault between Euston and MK Central. A signalling fault. How in flying ****-land can the train network in this country be so bloody appalling that all travel up-country gets paralysed like this?

Lord alone knows if she'll even be able to make it tomorrow, so I'm pretty sure we'll be cancelling reservations for our family's first restaurant meal in more than a year. But hey, first world problems and all that.

Soldato
Soo today has been a series of **** ups...

Doing standard valve maintenance on one of our more remote sites...

The track getting to site had 3 fallen over trees that needed to be cut and pulled out of the way, so started the job 2 hours late.
First movement and a shed load of water followed by white emulsified oil, great had to strip down the hydraulic pack all in the ******* down rain.

Valve then closed and blown down, 30 mins later hear sirens in the background and a pair of coppers arrive at site. There's been a report of a gas leak from some walkers, so after a long conversation police officer is happy and disappears off.

I move onto the next valve, and low and behold another set of sirens starts up in the background and now I have 6 very ****** off firemen, who have been told there has been a gas explosion???? So i inform them of what I'm doing and now they want a talk about procedures for isolating the site in case of a fire...

So i finally get onto the 16 inch bypass line and low and behold wales and west utilities turn up......

It has taken me 8 hours in the ******* rain to do a job that should only take me 1 1/2 ... fml

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Let the tides come and the Hours pass
They move as they must and move on
The Kink unseen, the loss unkent
Ganging up for lesser pay
As best they knew not how

Soldato
25 mins on hold to the HMRC to be told 'I'm sorry, I can't help you with that, you need to ring X number' and proceeds to give me the number I've just rung....:rolleyes:

Caporegime
The other day someone was riding around on an off-road motorbike with a passenger on the back wearing a balaclava who looked about 11.

I was walking down the street and he got trapped behind some cars at a traffic light so I pointed aggressively and told him to bleep off.
the guy on the back shouted "I know where you live" lol........... serious?

I just saw 2 rough looking lads hanging around so I asked if they know who it is :D

they said he's only 14... what kinda parents buy an off-road motorbike for their 14year old kid when they live in an urban area...

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
It's Whit Friday and I should be stood out at the White Hart at Lydgate, beer in hand, watching the brass band contest.

Unfortunately, covid has buggered that up and for the second year running the contest is cancelled :(

Fortunately, Foden's Band are doing an online one so I can get my fix of brass :cool:

Soldato
Worst night's sleep ever. Partner snoring badly enough I got our of bed at 5am and moved. Turns out the living room floor is not comfortable to sleep on.

Is hello fresh worth the pricthe...?
I've been trying a vegan meal kit company and its been great - though not necessarily for the obvious reasons. I can cook well and know how to shop, but having a box of 3 meals delivered means zero planning or decision making. I get a box every other week and it makes for a fun change, new recipes to learn etc. Having done it for about 3 months I reckon we'll take a break and just re-use the recipes.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Get home having been out much of the day. Ooh, power's out! Exciting, not had a power cut in ages.

Two Western Power Dist. vans on the lane, eh? That's not good...

Oh, y'all can't get a digging crew out? And the problem is under the road? And there's no timeframe on a fix?

Cool, cool. Who needs electricity anyway? :rolleyes:

***edit***

I may get power back around midnight. Which would be nice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom