This Instant And Moment - 2023!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am watching the cat tormenting a vole in the back garden, while listening to bach's Chaconne in d minor.

Edit: have now listened to the whole Partita, and he still hasn't killed it.

Last edited:
Jeans and trousers were getting very loose, had to stitch in a third tuck in my work trousers waistband the other day. Well chuffed now, I have dropped from a 38" waist to a 36" (and even those are slightly loose). No 'exercising' or gyms at all, this is just via work and walking close to 30km per day. Might go and buy some new jeans tomorrow.

Last edited:
Heinz canned soups are £1.70 each!

Heinz products are all inferior imo. Ketchup too acidic, beans are too hard and sauce has off putting after taste. Same after taste in soups too.

Those who say “Only have Heinz (product)” need to get out more. I much prefer Sainsburys own tomato soup. Can buy 3 cans and still have a bit of change for one can of Heinz’s.

Heinz canned soups are £1.70 each!

Heinz products are all inferior imo. Ketchup too acidic, beans are too hard and sauce has off putting after taste. Same after taste in soups too.

Those who say “Only have Heinz (product)” need to get out more. I much prefer Sainsburys own tomato soup. Can buy 3 cans and still have a bit of change for one can of Heinz’s.
I stopped buying soup and.just chuck fresh stuff into the Ninja, press smooth soup and it makes it and heats it.
Red lentils and tomato is my favourite with chilli , cayenne ect, like to experiment a bit
Edit ,it has a 5 minute.saute setting that can be used to prep the spices, I like the challenge of just making it better every time

Last edited:
I stopped buying soup and.just chuck fresh stuff into the Ninja, press smooth soup and it makes it and heats it.
Red lentils and tomato is my favourite with chilli , cayenne ect, like to experiment a bit
Edit ,it has a 5 minute.saute setting that can be used to prep the spices, I like the challenge of just making it better every time
I usually make my own soup. Have the odd tin for moments like tomorrow - get home from work about 8:40pm and leave 7:45am for work on Wednesday.

Cost of ingredients and leccy/gas used to make hm is far less than £1.70.

Plus hm soup is good for if you find a piece of yellowing broccoli etc in the fridge as once blitzed up it’s still green.

As my grandmother moved into a care home, we are gradually emptying her home. Seeing my late grandfather’s (died 14 years ago) writing on stuff has been upsetting.

Plus seeing photos of my young self and thinking what was my mum thinking about my hair. My fringe started/ended at the ears and with hair tied up in a ponytail, I looked like a boy!

When my dad mentioned that he and mum were going back to her bungalow, she didn’t respond at all. She’s has dementia. This is the home she and my grandfather lived in for 21 years and where my grandfather died.

Bungalow is a housing association one for elderly people.

I’m getting her TV this weekend. It’s 4 years old 40”. Mine current tv is 12 years old 32”. Bought a new stand as grandmother’s tv legs go wider at the back and too wide for soundboard.

Kinda humid tonite in the antipodes: 10.25pm "Temp: 25.5 degrees. Feels like 30.9 degrees." Weather Bureau

I could do with a cold beer.
e. Found a cold cider in the bar fridge - all good.

Last edited:
‘Final payment reminder before it goes to a solicitor to deal with’. Problem is we didn’t have any previous request for payment :p. It amazes me that in this day and age of a crap postal service we still rely on post for payment requests when they have multiple guaranteed contact methods such as phone and email.

‘Final payment reminder before it goes to a solicitor to deal with’. Problem is we didn’t have any previous request for payment :p. It amazes me that in this day and age of a crap postal service we still rely on post for payment requests when they have multiple guaranteed contact methods such as phone and email.
It’s like the contract to sign to end my grandmother’s tenancy at her housing association bungalow (she’s at a care home) forms are sent to Dad. Why couldn’t they send PDFs on email?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom