This Instant And Moment - 2023!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few years ago, flying from Rome, a man a couple of rows in front of me collapsed as we were about to take off. We had to taxi back to the terminal to get the ambulance and paramedics carried him off on a stretcher. As we were taxing, a lady passenger next to me is a nurse helped the cabin crew with first aid etc. Then took his luggage off. This helps by having name on the airport luggage label.

During this time, dad was looking online at Rome departures and Stansted arrivals and my flight status was "boarding" when all the flights about 1.25 hours after mine took off more/less on time. If the man collapsed when we just in the air, we probably had to do an emergency landing in a north Italy - Milan, Genoa or a south France airport - Nice. Then delayed longer. The man, a few years older than me, was traveling alone.

My dad flew about 1200 times during his working life across Europe and never had experienced this.

I was on a flight where someone collapsed out of their chair into the isle. I was fast asleep at the time (might flight) and woke up in the commotion and realised no one had alerted the flight crew so I went up. Unfortunately, I forgot I had a sore throat and could barely get a word out!

Today I learned that eating half a pound of fried cheese for a starter is a really bad idea.

There is this "pizza" burger in my local burger place, and they put a deep fried mozzarella in the middle, which is MUCH thicker than the actual beef patty.

It's too thick to bite so I ate the cheese on its own first, big mistake, it just sits there in the stomach and I could not stomach eating any of the burger.

p3WvDEB.jpg

This is absolutely outrageous:

5,000 to 10,000 are off sick on full pay with "long COVID". Absolute scoundrels. No-way can that be anywhere near the actual % of people with long COVID.
0.3% to 0.6% of staff apparently, which doesn't sound unbelievable. 1 in 300 to 1 in 150 people? Combine it with the factor that being NHS health staff they probably overworked themselves before/after getting covid, there's probably a higher incidence in that group than the general population. Isn't long covid thought to have a correlation with overwork and hurrying recovery, like CFS/ME?

0.3% to 0.6% of staff apparently, which doesn't sound unbelievable. 1 in 300 to 1 in 150 people? Combine it with the factor that being NHS health staff they probably overworked themselves before/after getting covid, there's probably a higher incidence in that group than the general population. Isn't long covid thought to have a correlation with overwork and hurrying recovery, like CFS/ME?

In the great scheme of things it is piddling numbers of NHS staff. At a local level, if you have two midwives off long-term, that is a serious problem.

Those staff are now going onto standard NHS sick rules, the same as everyone else.

It would be great to see a follow up to this story in 6/12 months, to see whether the affected people return to work, or not.

I do not expect to see any follow up story

Sweet, have been having a clearout and remembered my dad mentioning he'd sold some gold before Christmas he had lying around and got £2.5k for it.

When i was 16 he bought me a gold chain with an anchor (no idea why he thought i'd want an anchor!), but i wore it anyway as it was from him. Then at 18 he got me a gold sovereign which i swapped the anchor for. I wore it all the time, then decided at around 27 i decided to stop wearing it and it went in a drawer.

Since he mentioned gold is at a high price i decided to dig it out and weighed it using the kitchen scales and it comes in at 20g. Assuming he was telling the truth when he said it was 18ct, at current prices that's around £800 :D

Probably but I wager it is disproportionate to roles/services that are creaking. And I imagine the scrutiny to get signed off is next to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom