This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Soldato
On the wide shots when you see fireworks elsewhere in the city where are they letting them off from?

I vote Birmingham for the fireworks next year. :p

Soldato
Happy New Year! On my way back from a party now after catching up with some friends from uni and wondering where all the time has gone!

Feeling peckish now too, going to demolish some cheese on toast when I get home

Last edited:
Man of Honour
About 10 passed midnight we randomly had this firework fly by in a ballistic arc like the recent video of the Kh-101 missile letting off flares - looked like it had come some distance as well - every few seconds it would emit a burst of chaff like sparks, with a loud series of pops, before eventually detonating probably getting on for 500m away.

Being a livestock area people aren't supposed to have fireworks really around here, though it isn't enforced.

EDIT: Closest I can find from a quick search - was like this https://www.youtube.com/shorts/pOmOiPkeFxc but with longer time between the pops and was letting off proper chaff like sparks with each pop and much less of a screechy sound.

Last edited:
Soldato
4am and just about to brush my teeth... We went to some friends' party as we don't know anyone else in our new town. Met some nice people, here's hoping we make more friends :)

Man of Honour
I just wasted an hour on something I was coding wondering why I was getting "access violation executing location" only to by complete chance realise I was calling the setup function which initialised the pointers with "void <function name>" before the function which tried to use the functions pointed to :( :( :( due to a copy and paste error when defining the function.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom