This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Caporegime
I thought last nights Geomagnetic activity was high, oh how I was wrong.

PZHimeA.png

Saw this too. Alas. Cloud everywhere

Sorry for the rant here.....

Currently waiting on my doctor ringing me because she put me on Gabapentine at a pathetic 100mg a day to try and help the constant pain and pressure I get from having painful bladder syndrome and painful urethra syndrome.

I counted last week that I was going to the toilet 29 times a day and I could double or triple that and it wouldn't make the slightest difference in feeling I need the toilet.

Sadly seem to be reacting badly to it and am getting flu like symptoms which all worsen when I take the dose.

So although I started taking 1 on Thursday and then 2 on Friday and then 3 on Saturday, I've had to reduce it slowly because it's having making me have a high temperature and all the horrible symptoms you get with a really bad cold or flu.

All the colds that people are having in my area are just having a snotty nose and none of the symptoms that I'm getting.

I'm devastated because it really helped and in an ideal world I'd be increasing the dose but there is no way I can manage even 2 a day.

Maybe it's because I'm so petite at 33kg that it is having such a horrible impact on me and I need an even smaller dose or maybe I'll just have to forgo it and try and find something else that can help with the nerve pain. :(

Soldato
How random. Bumped into an old work colleague coming out of the lift here in Singapore. I saw him and I recognised him and him me but it took us a few seconds to work out why! :D

I wonder what the chances of that are?

Had a similar event, but in the middle of a pretty remote rainforest in southern Thailand, first thing I hear is a massive Scouser accent and all of a sudden I see someone I know. In a place where there are only domestic flights, but multi-hour car rides to this place, so was pretty low odds I bet.

Man of Honour
Had a similar event, but in the middle of a pretty remote rainforest in southern Thailand, first thing I hear is a massive Scouser accent and all of a sudden I see someone I know. In a place where there are only domestic flights, but multi-hour car rides to this place, so was pretty low odds I bet.

Wow! That's something else! I mean I do wonder what the chances of that are?

Man of Honour
I've not had anything quite like that, but 3-4x ran into people, who I don't know, from the town I grew up in in various other countries - who've struck up conversation after recognising the regional accent (not tourist destinations where that might be more likely to happen).

Soldato
Soo just grooming the dog and found a tick…

Told my missus, to fetch me som needle headed tweezers and some rubbing alcohol, thinking she’d help…

Showed her the tick and she went full squeamish and refused to even enter the room.

So had to wrestle the dog into a headlock, pin him and remove / treat the tick hole whilst she hid in the door way…

This is the woman that wants a small holding…

Soldato
On Easter Sunday, my wife put some of those little easter eggs wrapped in foil in the garden for an Easter egg hunt.

Five minutes later, she got the kids outside and found one had disappeared, and another one was gone but the foil was left on the path.

I'm assuming it was jackdaws, the cheeky buggers!

Soldato
Dear god, the ticks round here. I don't know whether it's living next to a cattle farm that does it, but in "Tick Season" the cats come in dripping with them. One of the buggers crawled off and buried itself in my leg last year. Yay! Lyme Disease!
I never seem to get attacked by the ticks.

It’s the mother ****ing horseflies that get me. I proper swell up and scab over.

Soldato
I never seem to get attacked by the ticks.

It’s the mother ****ing horseflies that get me. I proper swell up and scab over.

I get eaten up by chiggers, every year, from late July to late September. Those are awful and take a week or two to go down.

They only bite me, not my wife or daughters, which seems most unfair.

Weirdly, my neighbour also gets bitten but not his wife.

Caporegime
How random. Bumped into an old work colleague coming out of the lift here in Singapore. I saw him and I recognised him and him me but it took us a few seconds to work out why! :D

I wonder what the chances of that are?

I ran into Mischief in a shopping mall in **** Kok in Hong Kong about 12 years ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom