** This Instant, Moment, and Month - December **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not make it interesting and have a raffle?

Can do, they usually work that everyone nominates fifteen or so celebs, and when they die you score a point for each year under 100 they were, so orince would have been a great shout this year. All rather macabre.
But at least a unified thread for discussion, rather than scoring, would keep the big list within the OP.

Nothing, it's just time to move out. :p

You can exchange them with me if you like?

Trust me if you want to do a swap :D

Im ordering a Dell Poweredge T20 not off the forrest but somewhere else, so need to swap these with someone, just sold a £50 one in work,

got another £50 one, a £15 one, a £25 one

Wonder how many more people are going to pop their clogs this week before the end of the year :/

At least is isnt replacing the windscreen in your own work van in -5c this morning

Nope :o Huge F1 manufacturing facility so it'll be a freezing cold warehouse (amazing place though), replacing a power supply unit to one of their controllers. A part we don't carry in stock and that we can't get ordered in so having to butcher a unit carried in stock :(

8 minutes until I escape from work for the day. Tonight I'm cooking up a home brew BBQ sauce to marinade some pork to slow cook that tomorrow to have BBQ pulled pork buns with salad tomorrow night for dinner.

I just made myself drool by typing that out, excuse me...

AMD recommend a 750W PSU for a single R9 390 and everywhere I have looked has said that my 750W PSU will not be enough to power TWO 390's, however I have done some maths and some tests, and calculated that it can power TWO 390's and my i7, all overclocked... :D

The power supply is rated for 744W and 62A on the 12v rail, and reviews show that it can supply up to 71A / 850W on the 12v rail within spec and at over 80% efficiency before shutting down gracefully thanks to the protection circuitry.

Each R9 390 (Nitro 8GB) draws 27.2A (326.4W) at absolute peak draw when stress testing, with a 10% overclock, which means 54.4A (652.8W) peak draw from two cards with equal settings.

My CPU draws 10.8A (130W) at absolute peak draw when stress testing, with a large overclock.

Combined with the CPU this gives a peak theoretical power draw of 65.2A (782.8W)

Under typical use when Folding or gaming the GPU's will draw between 17A and 22A each, and under typical loading the CPU will draw around 4A and 8A. All combined, this gives a 12V load range from 38A and 52A (456W - 624W) leaving headroom for things I haven't accounted for, and the occasional full system benchmark, but I believe that other components draw power from the 3.3V and 5V rails anyway.

The system will be run like this for at least 18 hours a day, quite often 24 hours a day.

I love to live dangerously... :D

Last edited:
I've spent the last week watching Lost, up to episode 10 of season 5, it's a great show.

I remember watching it when it was released in 2004, I was 14 when it first aired so never took interest in it. Only watched the first season.

AMD recommend a 750W PSU for a single R9 390 and everywhere I have looked has said that my 750W PSU will not be enough to power TWO 390's, however I have done some maths and some tests, and calculated that it can power TWO 390's and my i7, all overclocked... :D

The power supply is rated for 744W and 62A on the 12v rail, and reviews show that it can supply up to 71A / 850W on the 12v rail within spec and at over 80% efficiency before shutting down gracefully thanks to the protection circuitry.

Each R9 390 (Nitro 8GB) draws 27.2A (326.4W) at absolute peak draw when stress testing, with a 10% overclock, which means 54.4A (652.8W) peak draw from two cards with equal settings.

My CPU draws 10.8A (130W) at absolute peak draw when stress testing, with a large overclock.

Combined with the CPU this gives a peak theoretical power draw of 65.2A (782.8W)

Under typical use when Folding or gaming the GPU's will draw between 17A and 22A each, and under typical loading the CPU will draw around 4A and 8A. All combined, this gives a 12V load range from 38A and 52A (456W - 624W) leaving headroom for things I haven't accounted for, and the occasional full system benchmark, but I believe that other components draw power from the 3.3V and 5V rails anyway.

The system will be run like this for at least 18 hours a day, quite often 24 hours a day.

You need to get out more. :p

An F50 has come up for sell near me. Very tempted. Going to have a gander tomorrow. Only done 8k miles.

AMD running to spec? :D

l0MYGvwB1dTsiaAEM.gif

AMD running to spec? :D

l0MYGvwB1dTsiaAEM.gif

The spec is 300W and they are running 324W with approximately 10% speed/voltage increase, so they actually are running to spec. ;)

What now Jack? :D

An F50 has come up for sell near me. Very tempted. Going to have a gander tomorrow. Only done 8k miles.

If you decide you can't handle it, I'm happy to look after it for you. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom