This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Man of Honour
Got the email now from Netflix with the price increase from my June payment onwards :s

In theory just gonna cancel I think with the idea of just subscribing the odd month to catch up on anything interesting but in practise it will probably be too much :effort: and I'll probably not go back.

Soldato
just gonna cancel I think with the idea of just subscribing the odd month to catch up on anything interesting
This is what my wife and I do. We subscribe to Netflix about once every six months, and do the same with Disney+.

You can get through a lot of content in one month, and I find that I really enjoy binge watching shows.

Soldato

Martin Lewis thinks a fixed tariff 25% more expensive than the current price cap would be worth taking out for those that want the security of knowing their budget, although he doesn't know of any deals available that come close to that.

Caporegime
Martin Lewis thinks a fixed tariff 25% more expensive than the current price cap would be worth taking out for those that want the security of knowing their budget, although he doesn't know of any deals available that come close to that.

If wishes were horses...

With the expected increase in October no energy company is going to offer such a deal.

Caporegime
On top of that web iplayer is only 720p (and even only that after forcing it to london region, 420p everywhere else).

I agree on the earlier comment the value in bbc now days is really the news and education stuff, entertainment part of it should not be funded from the license.

**** me 720p, that is shocking, like 2001 quality when 512Kb/s broadband was out.

Soldato
Have been working around the house with the plugin energy monitor data collection -
kettle & coffee machine each coming in at 0.5KW/day, garage 90Lsmallish freezer 0.4 (maybe opened once a day) ... so that's ~£50 each pa.
I'm expecting main fridge freezer, opened multiple times a day to be greater than 1, but will be interesting to see split between overnight, when it's not opened, and day.

Economization by netflix - Meghan's animation cancelled - another vanity project pretty much like the Duchess of York had had, BBC did an excellent interview with DoY as though she was a Booker prize winner, much like the Andrew interview.
Quit Nowtv a year ago they are spamming with £1/pm movies offer - but not sure they have anything worth watching to even justify that.

Soldato
Hoping my ongoing project insulating the loft pays off next winter.
Gone from 75mm of standard fiber stuff, to 140mm of PIR boards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom