This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
EDF have refunded me £66.
I will continue to pay my £85pm DD and once that's clear they refund me £66
Seems a bit dumb, just keep the £66 as credit.

Soldato
OP
OK what's happening here.

My smart meter is saying I have exceeded my weekly budget. "what budget" -I use it they take the money. I am on use it pay it DD !

If I have to access this smart meter what do I do - I am on E.on next with meter fitted this June just gone..

Why can't we have meter readers and pay paper bills again :)

Soldato

My smart meter is saying I have exceeded my weekly budget. "what budget" -I use it they take the money. I am on use it pay it DD !

If I have to access this smart meter what do I do - I am on E.on next with meter fitted this June just gone..

You can set a budget in the settings menu - presumably because your tariff will have gone up you are now exceeding the default one.

fez

fez

Caporegime

I imagine that you have a budget set on the smart meter and you have exceeded it. We can set the daily, weekly, monthly or yearly amount we want and it then shows you your usage against that "target". Its nothing to do with our account credit etc.

Associate
You guys going on about seeing things on your energy account...
With stupid british gas evolve, I can't see a thing. Nothing except full statements and a payment history. No stats, nothing. It's really bloody pathetic. I think I am going to buy an EV just so I can move to octopus go to be away from these cretins.

Soldato
No doubling up unfortunately.

They should credit your energy account with £66 while reducing your DD by £66 or taking your full DD and refunding £66.
Even if they don't refund me, i don't mind because I'm running a deficit. Once I'm in credit by the end of the year I'll reduce my DD permimently

Caporegime
No, i just got the £66 credited, it's Surveyor that keeps suggesting I should get both, I don't agree
If my energy costs under the Energy Price Guarantee are £2,400 p.a. I should pay £200/month to have a zero balance after a year. The government is giving me £400 so for six months I should pay £134 twice and £133 four times, the £66 or £67 difference is made up with a credit to my energy account. My energy provider can take £200 and refund me the £66/67 or amend my DD to £133/£134.

Soldato
Eh EDF said they would take the payment from my bank account and then refund the £66 to my bank account, cheeky ****ers have just credited the account as above.

Last edited:
Soldato

You can normally set a "budget" on the IHD for your usage as basically an alert to show if you are using over what you aim to use.

User guides for the IHD to set/change/turn off

Chameleon IHD Manual

Smartview4 IHD Manual

Back
Top Bottom