This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
Gas tracker prices don't make sense to me at the moment. Its nearly summer, usage should be well down, yet its been lower on many days over the winter.
Gas prices have been rising a bit since January and grid use of gas is actually quite high at the moment. Low wind is causing the pricing mainly. Very few days with excess or high generation from renewables right now.

Soldato

Price cap drops July but goes back up October and January, just in time for autumn and winter. :rolleyes:

Time to look for a fix.
This has been my thinking all along. Wait for the prices to drop to their lowest this year (ie: 1st of July this year) then fix for 12 months.

My only worry is that perhaps the prices will fall below my fix in Spring 2025.

Soldato
TBH I think you should take that down
Its not only illegal, but downright dangerous
Hopefully OcUK forum users will recognise that not only was my post was meant in humour and not serious, but that such a modification to your mains electricity supply is both dangerous and illegal.

I've reported my post, asking the mods to remove it if they deem it unsuitable.

Last edited:
Soldato
Come July fixed will be cheaper than tracker as tracker has been around 20-21p for a decent 3-4months and cap rate will be around 22/23p. So any fixed rate should under cut those

Soldato
Come July fixed will be cheaper than tracker as tracker has been around 20-21p for a decent 3-4months and cap rate will be around 22/23p. So any fixed rate should under cut those
Then coming to the winter it will drop again like it does every year. I imagine there isn't going to be much in it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I always find it interesting to look at the grid stats. Taking 28% of supply from interconnectors at the moment.

that is great. interconnectors working as intended. be it nuclear from France or what ever. then when it is windy we can return the favour.

anything which stops us burning gas or worse still coal is ok in my book

Back
Top Bottom