This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Man of Honour
Do the military automatically deserve respect? Some might disagree with that. But that is a different conversation. You are perfectly within your rights to video a military base from a public place. That includes American military bases in the UK. You can expect to be challenged for doing so but they have no powers to arrest you unless they can prove malicious intent.

What complete and utter tool would want to do that?
For what reason?
Same as filming the Police walking in and out of a Station, why?
Do you really think it's a worthwhile project?

Permabanned
Do the military automatically deserve respect? Some might disagree with that. But that is a different conversation. You are perfectly within your rights to video a military base from a public place. That includes American military bases in the UK. You can expect to be challenged for doing so but they have no powers to arrest you unless they can prove malicious intent.

Do you put an emoji at the end of that statement because deep down you know it is a disgusting thing to say and you are embarrassed by it?

As is their right being a private company where you have no automatic right to use their service.

No, I am not in the least embarrassed and I stand by wanting the police to rise off their proverbial knees and become proactive in dealing with rabble out to make a video of themselves baiting authority.

A lot of paperwork and office time the police allegedly are bogged down with could be saved by a bit of judicious violence to those wasting their time with a so called "audit" of a police station and its environs, as well as many other misdemeanours by cocky ingrates.

I also support parents and teachers judiciously striking children who are out of normal control, compulsory military service, the return of a modern form of Borstal and the return of the death penalty and corporal punishment.

Associate
What complete and utter tool would want to do that?
For what reason?
Same as filming the Police walking in and out of a Station, why?
Do you really think it's a worthwhile project?

Of course it is a worthwhile project. Certainly more important than posting on a forum about Graphics cards.

It is a test to see if the police are doing their duty whilst at the same time respecting citizens rights. Many auditing videos have exposed the police abusing their powers, which the auditors have been awarded payouts for. The fact that ACPO agrees with my point of view says it all.

Anyway, I am going to leave you guys to your right wing authoritarian circle jerk as reading the comments on this thread make me feel dirty.

I feel my opinion has held water against the frankly weak attempts at a counter argument. My conclusion; auditors are doing a public service and the average overclockers forum poster can't see the woods for the trees.

Last edited:
Soldato
Imagine being so stupid you don't understand why in 2021 the Police might be concerned about someone filming a Police station, as if it were impossible to imagine someone planning a terrorist attack or something of that nature, then when the Police are rightly agitated by your stupid actions you act like the victim.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I am all for a good beating by the police. It would go a long way in dealing with the Scrotes of today. A total lack of respect for the law is what we have now based on namby ideology and no supporting evidence. They all where body cams these days so if you flaunt the law Infront of the law you get a beating. Worked a treat when I was growing up.

Soldato
For those of us that haven't been following along, are these auditors doing it in an official compacity employed by the government or such? Or are they just people wanging phones in Police officers faces and hoping they get footage for the "like, comment, subscribe" lot?

Soldato
The auditor is not engaging anyone. They are simply standing outside a police station with a video camera as is their legal right to do so. The Police choose to engage the auditor. The irony is that if the police chose to ignore the auditor there would be no reason for the auditor to be there. I understand why the police do decide to question someone recording the police station but more often than not they engage in bully boy tactics rather than just establishing that the auditor poses no threat and leaving them to it.

The idiot with the camera knows exactly what they're doing by filming police offices, security infrastructure, vehicles etc; they're provoking a response because they know it's viewed as a hostile reconnaissance tactic. The option to just ignore them comes therefore carries significant risk, hence they're engaged with to try to find out what the purpose of the activity is and where said footage is going to end up.

The easiest way to avoid an encounter with the police is to not behave in such a way that encourages one. Don't pretend for one second that all these guys want is to document police stations in peace.

For those of us that haven't been following along, are these auditors doing it in an official compacity employed by the government or such? Or are they just people wanging phones in Police officers faces and hoping they get footage for the "like, comment, subscribe" lot?

The latter. Judging from the ones I've seen, I highly doubt they're employed by anyone.

Soldato

It's mostly men who are conspiracy theory minded and who also have a youtube channel, they seek greater recognition in their online social circle by uploading these videos so other similarly unemployed men can congratulate them.

Caporegime
It's mostly men who are conspiracy theory minded and who also have a youtube channel, they seek greater recognition in their online social circle by uploading these videos so other similarly unemployed men can congratulate them.

They also don't seem to understand what "audit" means.

Soldato
Good point on the CT link; a video I saw a while back on one of these channels went into a three-way Zoom chat with an old, barely-literate guy talking about how Sept 11th was all a hoax and he had the documents to prove it etc. while the other two sat there nodding along like the Churchill dog.

Soldato
I am glad that my opinion on auditing is opposite to the majority view on the Overclockers forums. That tends to be a good sign that I am right!

Every auditing video I have watched, I have not once seen the "auditor" commit a crime. What I have seen is the police frequently overstep the mark and act like bullies. I would say about half of the instances where an "auditor" has an interaction with the police, the Police make themselves look very unprofessional at best.

The simple fact of the matter is that these "auditors" are legally within their rights to act like ***** and bait the police by videoing the police stations. I am glad that they do it as it gives the public the chance to see that many officers of the law in the UK are poorly trained and pretty unprofessional.

A majority on the Overclockers forum seem to be in favor of making the UK a more authoritarian state. This seems to translate to a large proportion of England which explains why the Tories are so popular in England.

You'll all be sad when you all get your wish and the police can legally arrest you for filming things they deem against the law.

What channels do you watch?

I recently found reggie photo, not so much auditing but exercising his right to photograph in public. So many people ignorant of the law.

Soldato
There are plenty of historic examples of what happens when authoritarian governments get into power. It usually starts off with "the police should have the power to arrest those others who I don't like" and ends up with millions dead and millions more living in fear, many of whom were the same people who wanted the police to have more powers in the first place.

While I agree with this, it has pre-dominantly been left-wing states that have done this.

Soldato
You are engaging a police officer in a meaningless task that will go nowhere other than YouTube for the entertainment of low IQ folk to watch on an evening when the footballs not on.

If that police officer is then unable to attend a crime, like your mum being assaulted - it could endanger life.

Well, that is the fault of the people who refuse to understand the law and peoples rights. They are ones wasting police time reporting non-crimes.

Permabanned
And your OK if one of your female friends/relatives gets a good beating for taking the wrong photo?

Of course! The women folk have long whined for equality, let them have it. Not that I am aware of any female friends or acquaintances with a penchant for "auditing" government establishments, but I know at least one who claims to "have a thing" for men in uniform. My overalls didn't cut it however.... :(

I am sure any normal heterosexual male copper (there must be some left?) wouldn't take umbrage should she approach him nicely to ask for a photo, she's damned attractive and flirtatious.

Back
Top Bottom