Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
She's being lying so long she can't even keep track of everything.
Cross exam should hopefully be really juicy assuming hurds lawyers don't object to everything.

Aye, liars usually get so entwined in their own bs they end up tripping themselves up over and over. Cross exam definitely calls for a big bucket of popcorn and a buzzer to press every time she spouts some bs.

Soldato
I think someone pointed out this is a scene from a film?
Yes it is, I found out after I posted, point still stands though doesn't it? The lawyer people on the feed I was watching are discussing if Team JD should bring the video clip of her posing for the tissue photo to court next time. They say they should. Also, the judge told the jury not to read, watch etc anything to do with this case. no discussing to anyone about it. etc. How the hell do they manage that for 10 days?

Soldato
Yet another BBC headline detailing her allegations, yet looking at the 'more on this story' section there are no compatible articles about her alleged abuse. How is the BBC allowed to report in this way? It's a little disgusting.

As for the case, I can't see how it could go against JD really, but who knows.

Soldato
Her opening testimony was littered with movie quotes while she was explaining her relationship. Why does she think no one would notice?

I despise twitter but plenty of tweets showing the amount she lifted from multiple sources of movies and TV shows. Whole paragraphs sometimes word for word.

I wonder if the whole no outside research rules would stop Depps team from bringing things up.

Man of Honour
Generally I largely ignore this stuff, some of the clips which were emerging were great comedy value so I watched a bit, but now I'm just finding the whole thing deeply tragic that anyone has to waste their time dealing with this mess.

Soldato
OP
Yet another BBC headline detailing her allegations, yet looking at the 'more on this story' section there are no compatible articles about her alleged abuse. How is the BBC allowed to report in this way? It's a little disgusting.

As for the case, I can't see how it could go against JD really, but who knows.
I'm not sure why the BBC gets singled out, The Guardian also presents it like she's the only victim in all of this.

I'll admit, I don't read much news media outwith those two. Has any other UK traditional media outlet reported this any differently?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not sure why the BBC gets singled out, The Guardian also presents it like she's the only victim in all of this.

I'll admit, I don't read much news media outwith those two. Has any other UK traditional media outlet reported this any differently?
Probably cause as per the TV licence post we are all forced to pay to support it whilst stuff like Guardian you can 100% ignore and not be financially supporting it.

Soldato
Out of interest, if Amber won this whole case, how would the world react to it? It is a very high profile case, surely there would some repercussions.

It's pretty much whoever wins still has a movie career after this, if he wins, it'll be a triumphant return to the cinema and Amber's is over. If she wins he's career is over and she carries on being cast in movies (but I doubt she'll have the parts she'd be hoping for before all of this, she'll never be big)

Back
Top Bottom