Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
My point was more the quite emotive image and headline showcasing her abuse allegations, but nothing comparable on the other side. I guess a crying woman generates more clicks than the slightly more complex reality.

#mensrights :p
Oh I see. Yes a crying woman elicits sympathy. That's why she's probably been coached to look like she's crying while addressing the jury directly. Women pull together to help each other and most men have a natural inbuilt instinct to protect an upset/hurt woman (despite what a lot of people say about men being misogynistic).

But I think some people are starting to see through a lot of the "believe all women" thing after quite a few stories about false allegations over the years. If Depp has been abusive then more power to Heard and I hope she wins. But I'm long past the stage now where I just believe what anyone says without supporting evidence. I've not watched everything but so far I haven't seen anything which convinces me she's telling the truth. I've not seen anything that convinces me he's hit her apart from her saying he did, or evidence from he psychologist which was based on medical notes from what Heard told them (so again the root of the evidence is just Heard saying it happened). But there has been a vast amount of supporting evidence that she has been abusive to Depp.

So unless any actual evidence comes out to support her side of the story I currently believe his side and not hers. So hopefully he will win... or she presents some better evidence.

Associate
Oh I see. Yes a crying woman elicits sympathy. That's why she's probably been coached to look like she's crying while addressing the jury directly. Women pull together to help each other and most men have a natural inbuilt instinct to protect an upset/hurt woman (despite what a lot of people say about men being misogynistic).
Or in short crocodile tears.

Soldato
Basically as above.

While I give her the benefit of the doubt with regards to the allegations, as it stands currently the only evidence of any physical abuse so far as been in favour of JD, all she has is what she said, wether it be to her lawyers or psycologist/doctors. At no point was actual physical evidence provided, no bruising/marks or injuries that could be verified. Her only evidence so far is a bruise on her arm that could have happened a million different ways. It doesn't fit the pattern/mark of what she claimed (JD grabbing her arm) and the testimony at the time said he was hitting her in the face, yet her face has no markings/bruising or redness.

Man of Honour
Basically as above.

While I give her the benefit of the doubt with regards to the allegations, as it stands currently the only evidence of any physical abuse so far as been in favour of JD, all she has is what she said, wether it be to her lawyers or psycologist/doctors. At no point was actual physical evidence provided, no bruising/marks or injuries that could be verified. Her only evidence so far is a bruise on her arm that could have happened a million different ways. It doesn't fit the pattern/mark of what she claimed (JD grabbing her arm) and the testimony at the time said he was hitting her in the face, yet her face has no markings/bruising or redness.
Has it yet been explained why she had so many secret recordings of him? I actually think those recordings have really hurt her case even if we disregard her abusing him in them. Domestic violence often takes place behind closed doors with no other witnesses. If there had been no recordings at all I'd be more inclined to believe her (because, as mentioned it often happens behind closed doors so witnesses would be rare). But with so many recordings their domestic life wasn't behind closed doors - and yet there is still no evidence in those recordings of him abusing her. So it leads me to believe it didn't happen.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Its hard to take the emotional testimony seriously of someone whos job it is to convince people of something that isn't real...

As others have said, they are both a bit of a nightmare but it feels like Amber Heard is pretty far along on the crazy-hot scale.

No idea how the case is going to finish and I wouldn't be surprised if it just fizzles out with not enough evidence to pay out to JD.

Soldato
Cross examination will be the real tell tale signs of if she is telling lies or not. The questions by her own lawyer could have been prepaired with answers scripted out. As an actress she would be use to memorising lines. Cross examination won't be rehearsed and will be random/dynamic so easier to catch her out if she is telling porkies.

I have no doubt in my mind that JD and AH had full on arguments likely with things being flung around at each other, but did he physically and sexually abuse her. So far ever possible indicator and witness has said not a chance, that's not JD at all.

Soldato
They were definitely in a co-dependent relationship and they both flew off the handle but I don't believe JD was physically or sexually abusive to AH.

Her testimony is too scripted and just seems like she is doing a drama class monologue.

Soldato
That's a fair point, they're both essentially professional liars.
I wouldn't call them professional liars. Liars tell un true stories on the spot or make them up prior. Acting is reading from a script, made up from many people designing and laying out a story, the actors are just reading that story and some other people are filming it and stick on film. A story made up and untrue is not the same as a story purposefully written to entertain.

Regarding her testimony yesterday, so many tells that she was fabricating much of it. Going into small details when its not needed. From what I have read, people will make up a tale from many bits of information that they noticed during a small time frame when the event was meant to have occurred. These then get added to a story and then that becomes, the truth, to the liar.
I can't remember the details exactly, but she mentioned, drink and drugs, dog stepping on a bee all in one event. This could be made up from different times. During the time frame, she would have seen the dog walk out due to arguments (dogs go to safety). She may have noticed a bee on the floor somewhere another time but around the same area where the dog went. During her story she may have made up she added the detail of the dog stepping on the bee. Something to that effect anyway.

Is it still Ambers guys asking questions today at the court opening or does it go straight to cross by Depps?

Soldato
Her testimony about JD hanging her dog out the window of a moving car is likely to be a lie also.

1. It's heresay, no evidence to back that claim up.
2. There's proof of her doing just that very thing.

Damn, when you said hanging out the window I thought literally, not just resting its paws on the door like in the video. Was this something she said as a malicious event, eg Depp trying to threaten the dog or something? I didn't catch all the testimony as she was doing my head in and I had kids to feed.

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't call them professional liars. Liars tell un true stories on the spot or make them up prior. Acting is reading from a script, made up from many people designing and laying out a story, the actors are just reading that story and some other people are filming it and stick on film. A story made up and untrue is not the same as a story purposefully written to entertain.
Wow.

I...I .. have no comeback.
I yield.

Soldato
She said he was hanging the dog out the window and everyone in the car was terrified at what he was doing, yet no one could/would confirm that.

Here we have video from June 2020 in what looks like a tesla with the window down, dog with his head and paws outside a moving vehicle and her smiling.

As mentioned above taking details from other events and mixing them up to craft her own narrative. In what I can only assume is an attempt to make her seem more relatable to the Jury.

Soldato
The issue I have with the entire case is that it's her word vs his. With one exception, every single witness presented by Depp have collaborated his testimony and confirmed he has never laid a finger on anyone ever, including ex partners and his ex wife who were in a relationship for 14 years. Yet the only witnesses that could have confirmed Heards testimony are both dead. What is more telling though is that one of those witnesses loved Depp deeply so even that is questionable as to its validity.
aside from all the tapes of her ranting and admitting to the abuse etc, you mean?

Caporegime
Has anyone ever backed up any of her claims, no real audio tapes i've seen which paint JD as this "monster", no video, no witnesses have come forward even though they are present?

Its very interesting that she gets emotional at the "embarrassment factor" but not when talking about any apparent physical abuse she suffered.

Associate
Has anyone ever backed up any of her claims, no real audio tapes i've seen which paint JD as this "monster", no video, no witnesses have come forward even though they are present?

Its very interesting that she gets emotional at the "embarrassment factor" but not when talking about any apparent physical abuse she suffered.
Because shes a lying liar who lies.

I caught part of her depo just now and she said after being hit she wasnt sure if she had broken her nose. What, if it was broken, she'd def know.
So far I have seen zero photographic evidence of AH inuries but a few of JD....uum, wonder why.

Soldato
She is getting destroyed by all these objections. I think she will break when she is crossed. JD team are breaking up her story every time they can, taking it off script if you will.

Back
Top Bottom