Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Its funny, I hardly ever watch televised trials but the person in the dock seems to get away with always either not answering the question or completely avoiding it. Its not at all like you see on tv and movies (not that it should be expected to be of course) where the lawyer teams have a firm tight leash on the people in the dock. Didnt really think that the person could get away with being so evasive.

To be fair Camille is pretty on top of her to stop her spouting BS when AH tries to go off-road. At this point I'm guessing JD team are giving her all the rope she needs to hang herself because all the not answering the question or completely avoiding it is making AH look bad

Caporegime
So, I've just had a thought...

Someone at the law firm that is representing AH would have made the conscious choice to defend her, someone would have said, yeah, this is a solid case, we should take it, imagine all the publicity we'll get from it...
When you're getting paid millions, I think that all goes out the window for many.

Soldato
...still would, but I'd need a fast car afterwards.

Oh, wait....

Maybe Gibbo, Kindai or DRZ would let you borrow one of theirs?

obama-smile.gif

Soldato
Doesn't AH get tired of turning her head around every few seconds to face the jury to answer the question?

If I was sitting there in the jury I would find that annoying and disconcerting shooting her gaze at me every few seconds like that

Caporegime
Doesn't AH get tired of turning her head around every few seconds to face the jury to answer the question?

If I was sitting there in the jury I would find that annoying and disconcerting shooting her gaze at me every few seconds like that

It's weird looking as well, presumably it's to show the jury her reaction to the question, but it still looks weird answering a question by immediately facing away from the person asking it.

Soldato
she's playing up to them, someone must've told her to try and connect w/ them.
i've lost count of the perjury statements she's made, and how often her lawyer has forgotten to switch her mic on. she's definitely getting her money's worth out of them, afte they tried to admit evidence several times that had already been admitted and they hacked the judge off, lol. Turd has already several times implied they're trying to string her up, by saying she supplied all injury photos that were asked for but "somehow" they were never admitted as evidence for the trial. i'm betting right now that she'll try and sue them for malpractice or something. Shawshank II: "What you in for, Turd?" "Nothing, lawyer screwed me over."

Soldato

I would just sit there and stare at her with a slightly creepy smile on my face, would make things interesting..

Soldato
she's playing up to them, someone must've told her to try and connect w/ them.
It's anecdotal but on the stream I was watching they mentioned that apparently the Jury are paying more attention to Camille and some are even rolling their eyes when Amber opens her mouth which isn't really that surprising given what we've all heard & seen

Man of Honour
The legal bytes commentary has been great. It's clear the core focus is on AH's tweet which she called a "retweet" but now changes her mind. Depp's team have two options if it ultimately boils on this for defamation - Either she knew what she was doing and because she used legal trigger wording "I Published", she take ownership of the op-ed, but if her new claim that she never knew of the article's title and just posted it without noticing, then that counts as recklessness which is also bad.

Either way that count is good news for Depp but also like the commentary says, she could still win on some technicality but as the guys they have in the courtroom have said, the jury are not buying her answers one single bit and for the first time most are actually taking notes now and some even have their jaws hanging when she gives some weird answers or are sighing/hands on face.

Back
Top Bottom