Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
No not at all. I just expect Amber to win. The jury only has to believe one thing she has said after all.
I have watched pretty much all of this trial and I cannot think of one thing she said that was true. Maybe, and it's a big maybe, she didn't try to act when telling her story, didn't keep looking at the jury, didn't try to squeeze a tear out, maybe then some of her words may have come across as true. She certainly has not acted as someone who is facing her abuser in court. Everything she has said has been debunked or not proven to be true.

Shame we have to wait till, is it Monday or Tuesday now. I can't remember when they are back, for the verdict.

One way to look at this whole thing is she may well win this battle but Johnny Deep has won the war.

Man of Honour
This is actually a really interesting video, its from a behavioural study guy who was in the court and watched how the jury reacted to Amber Heard and which jurors she repeatedly favoured to "interact" with. Theres quite a bit of detail in this on how each juror has responded and reacted to AH testimony.

Soldato
People were kinda hoping it would all be over yesterday, but that would have only given the jury just over an hour of deliberations, while I'm sure they could have made a decision in that time based on the overwhelming evidence that AH is the abuser and she has lied about quite a few things, they are tasked with deciding if it was defemation or not on both sides.

While many of the points are met on both sides, there's still a few questions surrounding it. Did Waldmans statements really come from Depp or were they his alone, if AH lied about the DV/SV then were her statements malicious.

That's basically all they need to decide, obviously those in the public domain have access to the entire story, while those on the jury only have what is available to them, so its easier for us to decide. As its a public holiday in the US, the result won't be in until Tuesday at the earliest. Considering the age range of the jury I very much doubt they will be able to avoid social media and news.

Man of Honour
People were kinda hoping it would all be over yesterday, but that would have only given the jury just over an hour of deliberations, while I'm sure they could have made a decision in that time based on the overwhelming evidence that AH is the abuser and she has lied about quite a few things, they are tasked with deciding if it was defemation or not on both sides.

While many of the points are met on both sides, there's still a few questions surrounding it. Did Waldmans statements really come from Depp or were they his alone, if AH lied about the DV/SV then were her statements malicious.

That's basically all they need to decide, obviously those in the public domain have access to the entire story, while those on the jury only have what is available to them, so its easier for us to decide. As its a public holiday in the US, the result won't be in until Tuesday at the earliest. Considering the age range of the jury I very much doubt they will be able to avoid social media and news.

Doesnt surprise me, I did jury service decades ago when I was 18 and it was frankly a pretty open and shut case but it still took us a week of discussion to reach a verdict.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Doesnt surprise me, I did jury service decades ago when I was 18 and it was frankly a pretty open and shut case but it still took us a week of discussion to reach a verdict.
A week?! I did jury service during COVID (for an open and shut case) and we were done within 20 minutes :D

There’s only 7 jurors in this case though… and they all have to unanimously agree, so realistically I can see one of them torpedoing the case by going against the grain.

When I did it, we had a juror that claimed he knew the defendant was lying because he “looked like one of those types” :o

Man of Honour
A week?! I did jury service during COVID (for an open and shut case) and we were done within 20 minutes :D

There’s only 7 jurors in this case though… and they all have to unanimously agree, so realistically I can see one of them torpedoing the case by going against the grain.

When I did it, we had a juror that claimed he knew the defendant was lying because he “looked like one of those types” :o
Was it @Em3bbs - He's one of those types!

Soldato

I was that person myself when I did Jury service 10 years ago,I didn't see it as open and shut case like the rest did so we went over the evidence from start to finish with a fine tooth comb, eventually when we decided on the outcome it was what I thought it would be and they all agreed.

Moral of that story is the age old, you can't judge a book by its cover. AH might look pretty on the outside but she could well be the polar opposite on the inside.

Soldato
My dog stepped on a bee.

They should both pay their own costs plus a punitive damages fee each of $1m into the public purse for offending public decency. Go to their respective homes and STFU. :D
Yeah, we should always sweep domestic violence under the carpet, I totally agree

Back
Top Bottom