This man knows who stole my phone, can anyone help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I nice long list of new phone numbers and texts messages, they're setting it up on the 3 network (new mms setting delivered) so I don't think they're planning to wipe it

Result. Pretty sure you could cause some trouble for them with those details - especially if they're on contract! Are you able to make calls from the phone remotely? Say... to Australia? ;)

Do you not have a name or anything you can go off? Nothing on any of the messages? If he mentions or puts a nick name in any of the massages you might be able to find some 'friends' of him and see if you can find them on FB...narrow the search or something?

In fact - this guy looks like his friends will have their FB and twitter accounts wide open, cant you search FB with a mobile number these days? If one of the numbers he has text come back on a FB search you might be able to see him in tagged pictures and get a proper name?

Worth a shot??

I DONT KNOW!!!

Edit: like what happened to that guys laptop that got nicked and there was evidence on twitter of who had nicked it trying to sell it on or something...my memory is not as it was :(

Yeah I get that using the button to retrieve it, but when I first log in it puts me in the right location.

At home now. It's better but sill off (around 50 metres this time) and putting me in the wrong street.

And once again, my position on Google maps is spot on. I have GPS on and that jazz but I'm wondering if Dive is for some reason by passing this and just using Wi-Fi triangulation. Why else would it be wrong on Dive but right on my phone?

Every time someone explains what I did I die a little inside. :(

:p

There's a trade off though. Whilst I don't know if Google promise not to use your data but a lot of people don't like the idea that a company like Google (who clearly track your web activity and target ads at you) can track you daily movements and possibly be building a 'profile' on you.

If you go and confront the person please take pics for me :p

Make sure you use your boxing stance!

Last edited:
If they're setting it up with a contract on 3, all you need to do is wait for the new SIM to be inserted, and the police can then obtain the account holder's details via 3 themselves.

If they can be bothered.

How hilarious would it be if he checked your browsing history and ended up seeing this thread :p

Answer: not at all.

Best of luck getting this sorted, you've been incredibly lucky so far that the thief doesn't even know to wipe the device.

Cerberus survives a wipe if its installed as a system app, so luck doesn't really have anything to do with it.

Colect the SMS logs via cerberus, that should have the sender and recipient names on them. He'll have changed the name now that he has a new sim card in it.

edit: just tried it on mine, it certainly does, name and number.

Can you elaborate on this a bit more as it seems a bit dubious...

You are saying you snapped this picture using the remote app you are using to monitor?

It's clearly not the person who stole the phone, so what was he doing? Holding it up to show this guy or take a picture of him himself and you just took the photo during monitoring?

Although somebody might know this guy, you want to be very careful how you tread with an internet campaign to find your phone, especially if you go posting on 4Chan. You may well be looking at a guy here who is totally innocent and could end up defaming him.
:confused:

He has broken into his friends house, surely it doesn't matter if he is "defamed".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom