This one's for you, Mason-

Man of Honour
I never expected anybody to understand polyamory. But i will say that it's a lot more complex than you may think. Sometimes it's not a choice, sometimes you just are going to develop feelings for someone while you're in a relationship. Repressing them an not acting on them because you're told that they're wrong has a lot in common with being bi or gay. Sexuality is complicated. And you know, give me one good reason why not?

Sometimes you will develop feelings for others while you are in a relationship but normally the individual would decide whether they wanted to pursue those feelings with another or whether actually it was merely a short term thing that they could "get over" for want of a better phrase.

If both partners are polyamorous and wish to be so then I'm not going to say it's wrong but if it's something that one partner decides then it sounds an awfully like an excuse to mess around with the other persons feelings and indulge any whim as far as it can be achieved.

I can understand that the prospect of having more than one partner may be attractive but it's something where I think both partners have to be keen on it rather than it being propounded by one and grudgingly accepted by the other.

Caporegime
Yeah, i get it, thanks guys. Two months may well be nothing when you've had years of experience and dozens of relationships. Well i haven't. And it still matters to me.

I never expected anybody to understand polyamory. But i will say that it's a lot more complex than you may think. Sometimes it's not a choice, sometimes you just are going to develop feelings for someone while you're in a relationship. Repressing them an not acting on them because you're told that they're wrong has a lot in common with being bi or gay. Sexuality is complicated. And you know, give me one good reason why not?

this is what she's told you mate it will be a life's worth of self justification spewed out as fact.

Sex/swinging the odd threesome with her bi friend can work but multiple relationships with "feelings" will never end well.

Caporegime
Well, no, generally it's something you know about before you enter into a relationship with someone. Not too long ago it would be common to hear people say that being gay is wrong. Tell me, exactly, what makes it wrong?

what makes murder , theft , sleeping with kids , animal abuse and cheating wrong? someone gets hurt

being gay isnt hurting anyone

Associate
I take it you won't be posting in the "How often do you buy your GF flowers"? thread then? :p

On a serious note, sorry to hear about this OP but like others have said before, 2 months?!

Well, you must have really had strong feelings for her. You know yourself what you have to do now. Heal yourself and move on. In time you will look back on this and be glad it turned out the way it did.

Caporegime
Presumably she sees you as a bit beta and see's him as a bit more alpha....

If you weren't into the whole polygamy thing then its something you've accepted as a compromise because you like her a lot - she likely doesn't like you anywhere near as much as you liked her - its not a balanced relationship - unless you're also seeing other people then you're just a cuckold and you're being used...

Whilst you've obviously got feelings for her - its only been a short relationship - just get away from her, don't keep in contact etc... for your own sake. And if you ever do meet a girl like that again in future - don't invest too much into them emotionally and make sure you're seeing other girls too.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Angsty teen post warning, if you don't want to be exposed to stupid feelings that mean nothing then leave now.

I wouldn't have done this since it seems too 'attention-seeky', but since you asked... it's complicated. So this isn't going to make any sense.

My long distance girlfriend of about two months just split up with me. It's not my first relationship, but it's the first where it's been anything like that. Where we've been anything as close as that. I think i feel a lot better now than i did yesterday, and this is where it gets complicated. You see, she's polyamorous. This was a new concept to me when we met, but it turned out that i was more comfortable with it than i would have expected. She was going out with someone else since before we met, they split up quite recently too. I was completely cool with her being interested in other people. I've even considered it myself. But if she suddenly tells you that she's made up with an ex who she'd clearly never got over, that they kissed but weren't sure where this left them and asks how you would feel if she broke up with you to try to make it work with him, since he's not comfortable with her being poly. Well i felt like... something i can't say here, and i felt jealous, but i couldn't disagree with her at all. She loved him more, she knew him more and he's there. The worst thing was not knowing. Still technically going out but knowing she could drop you at any minute. Maybe i should have split up with her then, but i couldn't bring myself to do it. Thankfully, i guess, this wasn't for too long and they decided they were going to try to make it work. So i wished them luck, and thanked her. I feel better, but i still feel. She opened me up to this world, one i'd pretty much given up on in high school, and i have no idea where this leaves me.

So there, i opened up to you OcUK in a terrible way that you won't understand at all and that i'm most certainly going to regret later. And that guy who knows my dad, if you're reading, please don't tell him about this :p

What if I were to tell you that the person she was now with was Zefan?

Well, it's not. But just imagine.

Permabanned
A little different. Generally Swingers are a stable, long term couple who have sex with others in a similar relationship in a safe environment.

They certainly aren't hormonal teenagers who claim to be 'polygamous' just so they can get porked by their ex.

All I can say is ceiling cats approval of this thread is biased.

Man of Honour
What if I were to tell you that the person she was now with was Zefan?

Well, it's not. But just imagine.

Dude, I wouldn't be so sure about that. Admittedly we haven't spoken in a while but you know me... and you know this is EXACTLY the sort of thing I would be involved in.

:edit: And Permabanned, it was only 2 months man. She's still totally mine.

Back
Top Bottom