Thor: Love and Thunder

Caporegime
So why not make thor from 1 and 2, better without completely turning Thor into mr bean?

It didn't go that far don't be silly, it's just a more light hearted take on it. If people have failed twice to make a more 'i r serious' version then I'm willing to try something different and Waititi has shown he can make it work.

Caporegime
Watched the trailer too many times to count :D
Has the same vibe as Ragnorak which is perfect for me.

Thor should get more respect, 4th solo film, surely a record in the MCU and maybe beyond!

rp2000

Caporegime
As said, more marvel paint by numbers ***** that'll undoubtedly end with a cgi spaffathon.

Pass. Sooner these superhero circle jerks die off the better

Caporegime
Thor as a comic book character isn't a comedian even if he occasionally is funny. The first 2 Thor MCU films were far closer to "actual" Thor, although Thor 2 was a really poor film, so his subsequent demotion to comic relief in Ragnorak was the final split between what Thor originally represented and the MCU version which is now effectively non-canon its deviated so far.

Obviously Marvel chased the money and Thor 3 revitalised their bank accounts so they're never going to change him back understandably. I'll still be watching it but only for the Guardians as Thor feels more like a sidekick in someone else's movies nowadays.

Revitalised their bank accounts? It was released after Guardians Vol. 2 and Spider-Man: Homecoming, which made slightly more money and Civil War was only released 18 months earlier and made over $1 billion dollars.

Caporegime
I love how in the same thread we have people complaining that the tone drastically changed from Thor 1>3 and people claiming it's another paint-by-numbers :D

Obviously because they hadn't got their little format nailed down yet that all these movies follow religiously. They pretty much all have a very "samey" feel to them because of that.

Soldato
Revitalised their bank accounts? It was released after Guardians Vol. 2 and Spider-Man: Homecoming, which made slightly more money and Civil War was only released 18 months earlier and made over $1 billion dollars.

Yeap sorry about that. The point I'd meant to make was - revitalising the "Thor franchise only" bank account after Thor 2 flopped, rather than the whole MCU bank account - but after reading your post I realised that, whilst it was considered a flop, it still made $650+ million whilst I was sure it made way less (<$300m), but I should have checked first.

Back
Top Bottom