Thor: Ragnarok - Official Teaser Trailer

Soldato
it was good, maybe too many jokes though, it kind of took away from the epicness.

its strange but i think spiderman was the best of the 3 marvel films this year and i never predicted that!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Best Marvel film to date, Just wow!
Have to agree. Funny, action packed and the perfect mix of characters.

Not loving bald Karl Urban, felt a bit out of place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Saw it last night and still trying to decide what I thought. Not sure if it's jumped the shark/10 or not. That said there were some very funny moments and some good action. Just not sure if there are now too many 'comedy' characters. For example in Infinity War we'll have Tony Stark, Starlord, Spider-Man, Black Widow, Falcon, Hulk and now 'new Thor' who are all jokers or played for laughs in some respect. On the other hand maybe they'll play it a bit straighter given the situation.

Not saying Ragnarok was bad at all or anything but I'm not sure if it totally sits right with me. Maybe fewer laughs would have been better.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Have to agree. Funny, action packed and the perfect mix of characters.

Not loving bald Karl Urban, felt a bit out of place.

Have to agree probably the best Marvel movie to date. Scourge was kind if shoe horned in but that isn't Karl's fault. They just didn't really utilise him very well. Scourge with the double m16 is an classic iconic moment.

Caporegime
Have to agree probably the best Marvel movie to date. Scourge was kind if shoe horned in but that isn't Karl's fault. They just didn't really utilise him very well. Scourge with the double m16 is an classic iconic moment.
Let's not forget the 100 round magazine. Des and Troy.

Soldato
OP
Saw it this morning and enjoyed it, the humour worked well and broke the action scenes up nicely.
Who's is the ship that turns up in the after credits? can't be the GotG with it being that big surely and unlikely for Thanos to just pop up as they have no stones with them.

Caporegime
Saw it this morning and enjoyed it, the humour worked well and broke the action scenes up nicely.
Who's is the ship that turns up in the after credits? can't be the GotG with it being that big surely and unlikely for Thanos to just pop up as they have no stones with them.

I thought the suggestion was that Loki took the Tesseract from the treasure room and that it could have been Thanos?

Soldato
OP
I thought the suggestion was that Loki took the Tesseract from the treasure room and that it could have been Thanos?

If it is that then it feels like the easy way out of writing :( I know they kept hinting about Loki always betraying Thor but at the end he didn't for once and might get some growth as a character.

Soldato
I enjoyed the film, but I think there was a little too much comedy, and some of it did not flow very well (unlike GotG) for instance,
when we're watching Asgard getting destroyed, it's a big dramatic moment for us and the characters, and Korg is cracking jokes.
Some of the comedy does try too hard and half the time it just seemed inappropriate to what was going on in the film. It's like they stuffed every joke they could in there without thinking if they should.

I also think it has the "numbing" affect that I complained of in GotG2 where there's so much in the way of big visual effects being thrown at you for such a sustained period that it's almost too much. As usual, Hemsworth and Hiddleston were great, Cate Blanchett was deliciously evil and stole every scene, and everyone else was okay. Ruffalo, Elba and Urban were a bit wasted, Tessa Thompson was about passable, Goldblum gets a special mention for playing space Goldblum.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I thought the cast was all pretty good, only one that didn't work for me was Urban really, he didn't get enough screen time for a new character so just felt a bit wasted.

Caporegime
Went and saw this fri and absolutely loved it. Missus didn’t think too much of it though lol.
Loved the interaction between Hulk and Thor, thought that was probably the best part of the movie for me. Korg was brilliantly funny, loved the SA accent as well.

Cate Blanchette was a deliciously sexy baddie, didn’t like the helmet part of her costume but when she didn’t have it on, she looked sexy as hell.

Karl Urban like others in here thought was wasted, I like him as actor as well along with Elba.

All in all brilliant movie, enjoyed it immensely

9/10 for me

Last edited:

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Reflecting on this again just now, the only major gripe I have with it is that Thor is no longer Thor.

This is why I thought the first 15 minutes of the movie were the best, it was still Kick arse take no crap Thor but with a bit more humour, as the movie goes on Thor gets reduced to Comic Hero (reminded me a bit of the Tick) even at one point pleading for something not to happen to him like wimp!
Please don't cut my hair! *sniff* sniff*

Just my opinion of course but I think they went to far with the changes to his character/abilities.

Associate
Saw it today. While I did enjoy the comedy, there was way too much of it. Every scene you just felt "okay, here comes the lol omg randum quip", it got quite predictable. I also find Thor's shift to comedic relief a little jarring. Quite honestly I also didn't really see the point in Hulk being there. I really wish they'd just do a Logan and give him a full out Hulk apocalyptic rage fight. And the CGI (background) in the Anthony Hopkins scenes was absolutely awful. I can't believe something so bad made it in a major release like this. Cate Blanchett was easily the best thing in the movie though. I hope they somehow bring her back for just one more movie, because she was absolutely brilliant.

Overall I'd give it 4/5. Enjoyable, but I think Winter Soldier is still the best Marvel movie to date.

Associate
I saw it at cinema in Prague during some bad weather, and I don't regret it at all. 8/10, but think as a lot of others that a bit less jokes could made the movie even better.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Went and saw this fri and absolutely loved it. Missus didn’t think too much of it though lol.
Loved the interaction between Hulk and Thor, thought that was probably the best part of the movie for me. Lord was brilliantly funny, loved the SA accent as well.

Cate Blanchette was a deliciously sexy baddie, didn’t like the helmet part of her costume but when she didn’t have it on, she looked sexy as hell.

Karl Urban like others in here thought was wasted, I like him as actor as well along with Elba.

All in all brilliant movie, enjoyed it immensely

9/10 for me

Yeah Korg I think you meant was great, stole the show imo. The Austrialian accent worked well with unhurried one liners. Cate was definitely a pretty awesome Hela and Goldblum was funny too. It's a pity Universal owns Hulk otherwise he would have his own movie as well.
Anyone notice Chris's wee bro as Theatre Thor?

Back
Top Bottom