Thor: Ragnarok - Official Teaser Trailer

Soldato
Saw it earlier and really enjoyed it, but I don't think it is close to the best Marvel yet.

As i posted elsewhere, Not in the same class as GOTG2 imo, which it did try to emulate in a way with the constant attempts at humour, but for me whereas the hit rate in Guardians was exceptionally high, in Ragnarok it it just mostly hit.

I was disappointed in Hulk too. I wasn't feeling the interactions between Hulk and Thor tbh. There were some really great scenes/moments in it though, and overall I did really like it.

Soldato
Quite shocked that they took Thor’s eye! Seems that they are setting up Tony, Cap and Thor to be killed off by the end of Infinity War.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Probably. They were looking to build the post-Infinity Marvel cinematic universe round Spider-man I believe.

Plus RDJ is getting on and is really expensive.

Why would they look to build the universe around a character they don't own?

I agree that they'll look to transition into new characters but it won't be Spider-man.

Caporegime
Yes they have him for 5 films. That doesn't mean they're building the MCU around him for phase 4. They don't own the character, they're not going to make him the main character for their universe are they?

Just because it's the only Phase 4 film they're willing to talk about at the moment doesn't mean he's going to be the core. It makes no financial sense to make a character they have limited control over the keystone.

Caporegime
They have creative control for 5 films I believe. so Civil War, two Spider-man films and the two Avengers films. It might be extended of course but it's limited currently. Also Sony still take all the profit from Spider-Man films.

Soldato
Saw this last night.

In my opinion its Marvel's best outing.

Ok so I get the point that Thor's character seems to have completely changed but its for the better.

I was thoroughly entertained from start to finish......just brilliant and tops GoTG for me.

10/10.....easy

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I guess we aren’t spoilering posts then :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
It's been out for over a week, why would you read this thread if you haven't seen it yet :confused:

I can understand for a couple of days but should every post be in spoilers until we've been informed EVH has seen it?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It's been out for over a week, why would you read this thread if you haven't seen it yet :confused:

I can understand for a couple of days but should every post be in spoilers until we've been informed EVH has seen it?
Firstly, please lose the attitude, I saw the film days after release... this isn’t about me. Carry on making it personal though :confused:

To answer your point, there are plenty of others who will come in to the thread looking for reviews, who haven’t seen the film. There are also people who post in the football forum about matches and they are spoilered so as not to ruin the result for those that didn’t watch the match.

I don’t think I was being unreasonable in asking people to keep story specific info in spoilers and it’s not uncommon for still-in-cinema movies to carry the requirement for spoilers, but it seems some people can’t help themselves. On this page alone there are movie-ruining spoilers...

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Just a reminder that all posters please keep spoilers hidden within spoiler tags for the foreseeable future.

The mod team are reviewing the rules around this, and hope we can make it more specific soon :)

Soldato
Oh great.

It's becoming AV Forums; page after page of spoiler tags, not to cater for the people actually using the thread, but for the 1 in 100 idiot that thinks it's a good idea to read a thread about a released show/movie/book that they haven't seen/read yet.

I watched Ragnarok on Saturday. I'd avoided the thread, news items, YouTube videos etc. up to that point, for reasons that should be fairly obvious to anyone who isn't a complete numpty.

Soldato
Saw it earlier and really enjoyed it, but I don't think it is close to the best Marvel yet.

As i posted elsewhere, Not in the same class as GOTG2 imo, which it did try to emulate in a way with the constant attempts at humour, but for me whereas the hit rate in Guardians was exceptionally high, in Ragnarok it it just mostly hit.

I was disappointed in Hulk too. I wasn't feeling the interactions between Hulk and Thor tbh. There were some really great scenes/moments in it though, and overall I did really like it.

The humour wasn't an issue for me, more so the lack of any emotional weight/impact or feeling of consequence of various events and (I know it's a Marvel film, but at least GotG made me CARE about Yondu etc). Also I don't normally feel like trailers show the whole film with Marvel stuff, but I felt like I'd seen nearly all the best shots already.

Soldato
Just a reminder that all posters please keep spoilers hidden within spoiler tags for the foreseeable future.

The mod team are reviewing the rules around this, and hope we can make it more specific soon :)

Once OcUK post a RULE stating what can't be posted outside of spoiler tags then I will follow that but until then, if the film has been released for 14 days then I think that is fair game for spoilers outside of tags. Again once a decision is made I'll abide by whatever that decision is but only after it's an official OcUK rule.

Also, I would suggest that, as your statement is currently missing from every other single Movie and TV thread, you should really add it to either every single one of those or as a new Sticky as, for fairness, surely you wouldn't want only those people in this Thor thread to be aware of this potential rule change.

On a more personal note, I would respectfully suggest that, as a Don, it would be worth losing the rolleyes from your earlier post and really reconsider the wording of your 2nd post. A Don should know better than to let "personal feelings" interfere with the work required as a Don.

Back
Top Bottom