Thor: Ragnarok - Official Teaser Trailer

Caporegime
I got to near the end of the film and thought it had only been 30 minutes, flew by. The humour has certainly ramped up though I thought there were fewer instances where a joke didn't land compared to GoTG2. Hella was excellent!

Caporegime
I never knew that!

I assumed Thor'ss power all came from his Hammer until this movie (since he had no powers in the original Thor until his 'sacrifice' proved himself worthy)

Permabanned
My lady friend wants to check this out next weekend but I'm a little hesitant.

I'm just so damn bored of the Marvel format at this stage. I think if I have to sit through another 2 hours of rather uninspired quip humour I may fall terribly ill.

Does Ragnarok switch up the formula a bit? The trailers made it look as though that might be the case but... Marvel trailers ennit :/

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I never knew that!

I assumed Thor'ss power all came from his Hammer until this movie (since he had no powers in the original Thor until his 'sacrifice' proved himself worthy)

No your absolutely right, in the original story, Odin in an effort to teach his son humility and responsibility bound Thor's power to Mjolni. While he was in Midgard he could only become Thor as long as he touched the hammer if 60 seconds passes without contact he would revert back to his mortal persona. Which leads the hammer's abilty, anyone who is worthy can become Thor

Ie Thinderstrike, beta ray bill, female Thor, Volstagg etc

Like Marvel comics they keep changing it so I guess in the MCU they decided to 'simplify' it even further which I have mixed feelings about, I hope they are smart with this because Mjolni is the centre piece to Thor.

Caporegime
It's quite good that the MCU is it's own thing though, and not just re-hashing comic storylines.

But they have had two Thor movies previously to show us about Asgardians and yet I never got the impression they were all supposed to be powerful.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
It's quite good that the MCU is it's own thing though, and not just re-hashing comic storylines.

But they have had two Thor movies previously to show us about Asgardians and yet I never got the impression they were all supposed to be powerful.

Exactly!

Soldato
Despite liking the last third of the film a huge amount I was disappointed that they've decided to throw everything from the first two films away except for Loki/Thor/Heimdall.

No more Jane, no more Odin, no more Asgard, no more Mjolnir, no more Sif, no more Warriors 3 - whose death at the hands of Hela wasn't even acknowledged by Thor! I mean his three greatest friends in the world were just murdered and the film couldn't even spend 30 seconds to show Thor mourning as it was too busy cracking yet another crap joke. Even Asgard being destroyed was ruined by a crass one liner which takes all the "feeling" out of the situation for all those who called it home.

I can't help think that just having the 3 characters left has just been done to create a plot device for the Infinity Wars and leaves the Thor franchise with nowhere to go after IW now all his back story has been destroyed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Very good film but I think it took the humour maybe 1 or 2 jokes over the top.

The rock gladiator character was initially brilliant but by his final scenes it had begun to peak in funniness.

The last 1/3 of the film felt a bit chopped in places, maybe just rushed.

Still one of the best comedy marvel films. Very much recommended.

Caporegime
no more Warriors 3 - whose death at the hands of Hela wasn't even acknowledged by Thor! I mean his three greatest friends in the world were just murdered and the film couldn't even spend 30 seconds to show Thor mourning as it was too busy cracking yet another crap joke. .

He never actually learnt their fates if I recall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Does Ragnarok switch up the formula a bit? The trailers made it look as though that might be the case but... Marvel trailers ennit :/

It's more Guardians than Winter Soldier - which is all good for me! Thor's fantasy/mytholoy meets Marvel's uber colourful and twisted sci-fi universe.

I'd be happy if they ditch all the earth stuff tbh - really don't care so much for Ironman and the crew anymore - and focused on this side of things.

Back
Top Bottom