Thoughts on employers potentially having to offer 4-day week?

I'd do 98 hours a week for that kind of pay if it was compartmentalised and short term with an end in sight. Doing that as a normal thing you really have to live for that job otherwise the long term and wider (i.e. potential for fatigue making people less safe to be driving, etc.) consequences are going to be massive.

Even for triple my salary I wouldn't want to work 98hrs per week consistently. Sometimes sure, projects need to be finished and so on, but if it becomes the norm then something isnt' right.

Perhaps that huge salary should be 2 people's job, or 3... I can understand the desire to cut the workforce numbers down to minimise all the costs per employed person etc.

Nobody in this day and age should be doing slave like hours, regardless of the pay. Something is broken if this is the case, IMO

I'd do 98 hours a week for that kind of pay if it was compartmentalised and short term with an end in sight. Doing that as a normal thing you really have to live for that job otherwise the long term and wider (i.e. potential for fatigue making people less safe to be driving, etc.) consequences are going to be massive.

Yeah for a short term bit of "all hands on deck" sort of work I'd grit my teeth and get on with it. As I said though for me I fear it would become the norm/expected, and that to me is not healthy, not physically or mentally.

Perhaps that huge salary should be 2 people's job, or 3... I can understand the desire to cut the workforce numbers down to minimise all the costs per employed person etc.

Nobody in this day and age should be doing slave like hours, regardless of the pay. Something is broken if this is the case, IMO

100% agree - but it seems the norm in some industries, you just have to look at that document that @dowie shared - it's pretty damning.

Back
Top Bottom