Three body Problem (2024)

Soldato
Just finished it, enjoyed it, going in blind didn't expect most of the cast to get killed off, didn't really feel like a proper ending to s1 and like it needed more. Hopefully they get a s2 / s3 renenwal.

Soldato
Did the whole thing in one sitting and quite enjoyed it.
Could have picked enough holes, but sat down, turned the brain down to 48% grabbed coffee and then a few beers later, was not disappointed.

Soldato
Watched it in one sitting
Was good as long as you don't think about it too much as there are plenty of "huh?" moments
Ending was disappointing, needs more seasons

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Does the series finish where book one finishes?
Was good as long as you don't think about it too much as there are plenty of "huh?" moments
Netflix season is book 1 and half of book 2. So season ends in a mid point of the narrative. Really dumb way to do it.

I bet you can guess which episode was the end of book 1…

Associate
I don't like watching trailers of things I'm interesting in watching, but some of your brief reviews have me looking forward to watching it a little more, as I had no idea what it's about!

Soldato
I don't like watching trailers of things I'm interesting in watching, but some of your brief reviews have me looking forward to watching it a little more, as I had no idea what it's about!

I don't even like watching the reveals for the next episode, at the end of the credits. I switch them off immediately.

No, I don't want to know what's going to happen in the next episode before I've watched it thanks, thereby defeating the point of watching it...

Soldato
Yeh I was annoyed they started a 'coming up' sort of trailer at the end of ep 1. I had to quickly turn it off! And there's still some scenes I remember quickly seeing that I haven't even got to yet at ep 5.

pre

pre

Associate
Liked this. Seemed a little philosophical then it got a bit weirder at end. I hope this doesn't go the Altered Carbon S2 route if they renew it.

Soldato
Just finished it, enjoyed it, going in blind didn't expect most of the cast to get killed off, didn't really feel like a proper ending to s1 and like it needed more. Hopefully they get a s2 / s3 renenwal.
Most? One dude was a brain but did I miss some episodes or something?

Caporegime
this pretty much sums it up. tries to be too clever massive plots holes and the end is disappointing to say the least. also its on netflix so guaranteed to get cancelled. like all big shows they do.

Soldato
Watched the last episode last night!

It's OK, some of the incredulous stuff is directly from the book so you can't blame lazy script writers..

The only real negatives for me would be predictably poor cast choices coupled with poor directing that can't accurately build their characters to be anything like the book.. in fact you'd need to read the book to underpin the characters in to making more sense which shouldn't be required.

Jovan Adepo is too nice/friendly a face to pull off Saul.
Eiza Gonzales as this immaculate girl boss tech sauvant is just inconsistent.
Jack Rooney just screams caricature..
Raj Varma is far too wooden

The only plot/character issues are mostly book related, although Tatiana is a poor misinterpretation from the book IMO they missed the mark giving her this inconsistent super human strength.

But considering how poor Star Trek Discovery was this morning, I'm happy to ignore the poor sci-fi themes from the book and overlook some minor tick box casting issues and would rate it 6 or maybe 7/10 for a 2024 series..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom