Three kingdoms - Total War

Associate
This has just been announced, not sure about the period

Will need to see more on it but would have preferred a more modern era such a Victorian or WW1

Soldato
period is fine it's how it plays that matters more tbh. I still want MTW3 though with family trees etc been so I give a **** about the generals.

Soldato
Looking forward to this. I found Rome 2 too big and didnt like the setting completely for WHTW, so that map size/style combined with this era has me interested.

I'd love it if they put as much effort into it as shogun 2, that was fantastic.

Associate
Very interesting time period, one that I'd hoped they'd visit for some time. A lot of interesting factions, battles and flaky diplomacy during that time, should make for an interesting campaign.

Would also be nice to play it from a strategic perspective rather than the usual OTT hack and slash affair given by Dynasty Warriors, I just hope they find a way to flesh out each of the factions and make them unique.

Soldato
Hopefully won't make the generals too unhistorical and make them like dynasty warriors being able to kill thousands, be quite fun to see though for a laugh. Really am looking forward to this, huge total war fan we are really spoilt for choice this year.
Warhammer 2 dlc
Britannia saga
Three kingdoms

Soldato
Could be interesting but i think its just a cash grab....we used to complain about ubisoft releasing the same AC game each year set in different era now CA are doing the same.

Will be very very doubtful they can do justice to this period of chinese history tbh. The Romance of the 3 Kingdoms pc game series does it already and is very good as well.

A big part of 3 kingdoms is the story. Was there much of this in previous TW? (ive only played Shogun, shogun 2, Medieval 1, Rome 1) And there was hardly anything of historical story events in the main campaign. It was very barebones.

Permabanned
Reminds me of shogun but back then it was just all the focus and talent ON Shogun. Now again they repeat past mistakes. Instead of flopping by biting off a bigger single project than they could do like Empire they will not do that again.... oh no they will do it through multiple oversized projects. Have they made that mistake before? Hold on mike simpson is checking his list of apologetic speeches... Nope!!! Not done this before lmao CA...

I know they have more than one studio but probably only one of these games will not be trash. And i am sick of not getting a good game since Shogun and Napoleon. It will also be especially bitter because China has as good a potential as any Europe based games. Just google the floating fort warfare on the major Chinese rivers.

Associate
OP
Be interesting to see if this game is on a new engine or not. They have been using Warscape since Empire.

They need to introduce new features, better sieges would be a good start, would like to see more unit customisation too, officers that you can upgrade skills on to make units more individual instead of clones.

Warhammer total War was their best release since Shogun 2 IMO as it introduced flying units, magic and heroes at the cost of a dumbed down campaign. But they have done a really good job on the races playing different.

CA need to take all the best features from the previous total war games and put them in this game. The scope looks small and they can reuse animations for all the races so they have no excuses.

The total war fans who don’t like the fantasy titles deserve a good historic game after that poor Rome 2 dlc and unambitious Atila.

Last edited:
Soldato
Latest CA blog talks being inspired by Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Inspired by Luo Guanzhong’s 14th Century historical novel, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, this epic strategy game follows the dramatic lives of near-mythical warring lords and their retainers in 2nd to 3rd century China. But true to the series’ legacy, the game will also feature a Classic Mode that offers a much more grounded recreation of the period for players who prefer a historically authentic Total War experience.

Soldato
Well I believe this is a "full" release one, it's the bitesize things that they release more often and Warhammer is meant to be separate too.

Back
Top Bottom