Three kingdoms - Total War

Soldato
After Warhammer Total War 2 I'm not sure I can go back to "normal" games anymore, its sort of spoiled Total War games for me. I don't feel any hype for this, its just a bit "meh" which is why I haven't pre-ordered but perhaps I'll pick it up in the future if it gets decent reviews or when its on sale but I'm not in any rush.

Funny, I'm the opposite, I enjoyed the Warhammer games for what they were but they were far too battle focused for my liking and a return to a more campaign map focused game and diplomacy is what I was looking for.

Associate
Funny, I'm the opposite, I enjoyed the Warhammer games for what they were but they were far too battle focused for my liking and a return to a more campaign map focused game and diplomacy is what I was looking for.

The truth being that no game ever made will ever satisfy everbody, but I too like the Warhammer series, but I don't agree with everything they have done with the game, just happy that the game is there to play..

ty

Soldato
Anyone played yet? Just glancing at reviews and it seems the diplomacy layer has indeed drastically improved, but a lot of people aren't sold on the hero mechanic. I was under the impression that CA were giving players a choice in how influential heroes would be - essentially you would choose a more accurate game-style, or one more in line with the Romance novel, with OPed heroes etc. But I haven't delved into the reviews enough yet to see what the crack is.

Soldato
Anyone played yet? Just glancing at reviews and it seems the diplomacy layer has indeed drastically improved, but a lot of people aren't sold on the hero mechanic. I was under the impression that CA were giving players a choice in how influential heroes would be - essentially you would choose a more accurate game-style, or one more in line with the Romance novel, with OPed heroes etc. But I haven't delved into the reviews enough yet to see what the crack is.

I thought it wasnt out till next week.

Soldato

There is a realistic mode and a romance mode. I'm tempted to buy this but probably will wait for few patches/ sale

Soldato
Never played a total war game but this seems interesting, will it have decent enough tutorials or does it chuck you in at the deep end ?

Should I try one of the earlier games before to see if I like it ?

Every game in the series had a tutorial and I suspect given the new mechanics there will be a decent tutorial.

Associate
I have never played a total war game besides the odd free demo and couldn't get to grasp with them. But I love the Three kingdoms history and the time setting. I really liked what I have seen of the trailers but wanted to ask veteran total war players is this a good introduction to the total war series for a complete total war noob.

Soldato
I pre-ordered this last night. Not played Total War game since Rome 2. It seems like they added a lot to the campaign game play, diplomacy actually looks useful, which I enjoy more than the actual battles so looking forward to it.

Permabanned
Theyr
I have never played a total war game besides the odd free demo and couldn't get to grasp with them. But I love the Three kingdoms history and the time setting. I really liked what I have seen of the trailers but wanted to ask veteran total war players is this a good introduction to the total war series for a complete total war noob.

I've never considered TW hard to learn, but they're especially easy now because they make dumbed down arcade rubbish.

And I'm sure the trailer looked great, as did RTW2 which turned out to be gutter trash (still is)

The generals in this game will no doubt have stupid immersion breaking super powers. If you can stomach that everything else might be half decent. Might..

Note the TW series died for me with MTW2. If you check steam stats there's often 10k still playing it, and for good reason too.

Soldato
Theyr

I've never considered TW hard to learn, but they're especially easy now because they make dumbed down arcade rubbish.

And I'm sure the trailer looked great, as did RTW2 which turned out to be gutter trash (still is)

The generals in this game will no doubt have stupid immersion breaking super powers. If you can stomach that everything else might be half decent. Might..

Note the TW series died for me with MTW2. If you check steam stats there's often 10k still playing it, and for good reason too.

There are two modes, romance modes which follows the mythical aspect of the novel (powerful generals etc) and classic mode which plays out more like traditional historical total war (normal units). More detail here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-three-kingdoms-six-things-youve-asked-about-classic-mode/

I've got my key now, really looking forward to it, seems to be a lot more in depth on the campaign map side which is where I enjoy TW the most. Will proably start out with a romance playthrough and then switch to historical.

Soldato
I want it. I just don't want to spend £40 on it. I've got Atilla, Britania, and all of the Warhammer DLC on my buy list as it is.

Reckon I'll pick it up later in the year, when it's around £20 as it does look interesting.

Soldato
Got my key as well paid nearly £30 at the time. Can't wait loved every total war game with 100's of hours in each. Didn't like Attila or thrones of Britannia though at all.
Mods in previous games have been amazing and made the games the top in my personal series of best games ever.

Soldato
Reviews definitely mentioned a (welcome) added complexity to the campaign map, so I think I'm having a change of heart and will get this in a few weeks.

That swung my interest, the campaign and character side of things looks great. I also like the character and retinue system.

Actually a game I'm looking forward to and my second pre-order in years (other was Imperator: Rome).

Makes me want to play TW: Warhammer 2, but so close to release I don't want to 'burn myself out' on TW.

Soldato
That swung my interest, the campaign and character side of things looks great. I also like the character and retinue system.

Actually a game I'm looking forward to and my second pre-order in years (other was Imperator: Rome).

Makes me want to play TW: Warhammer 2, but so close to release I don't want to 'burn myself out' on TW.

The game is out in 1.5 days so you can probably wait :p

Back
Top Bottom