Thunderstorm Watch - 2024

Not a drop here but about 15 miles away someone said the heavens opened and all hell broke loose with thunder and lightning. Not a squeak here so very localised it is very very humid and stupidly warm though 24c today

Had a storm come over macclesfield area last few hours... OMG never heard thunder that loud before, was BOOM BOOOOOOM BOOOOOOOMMMM echoing for a long time... very loud and honestly never heard it like that before round here.

Had a storm come over macclesfield area last few hours... OMG never heard thunder that loud before, was BOOM BOOOOOOM BOOOOOOOMMMM echoing for a long time... very loud and honestly never heard it like that before round here.
Same here in Congleton. I was in the car for part of it, and saw quite a few instances of forks of lightning across the sky - it was awesome.

I've never seen a storm like it within the UK before. I once drove through the Alps in something similar, which was breathtaking. And saw one from the ferry while crossing the channel, which was great because you could see horizon to horizon, so seeing the individual strikes was easy - but it was nowhere near as close.

They seem to be having a lot of trouble forecasting this one - we were supposed to have very heavy rain with some thunderstorms here overnight, so far very little of anything and seems to have gone a long way east.

Well we didn’t have much thunder, but it looked like some impressive rain. I missed most of it while I got some work done, but apparently all the drains were coming up outside and the dual carriageway was single file through most of the water on the drive home. I’m not sure why people were going quite so slow though, especially those in SUVs. If I can get through in the deeper parts I’m sure they could too.

We been getting storms here in September, highly unusual, and usually where I live rain is uncommon, probably had rain in the past week or so equal to what we normally get in a year. Was a hail storm during the EPL game as well last weekend, really weird weather for my city.

Local road got flooded and needed 3 fire crews to turn up, first time its been flooded in about 5 years. Fireman swam through it I kid you not, was too deep to walk.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom