Thunderstorm Watch - 2024

Good looking storm heading towards Haywards Heath!

Supposedly arriving in Hampshire mid afternoon, rather than original forecast of late morning.

The skies are black, there's thunder and lightning again.. big lightning and thunder!

vXf9yiz.png

Last edited:
Looking so far to be concentrated around the M4 corridor, dunno if we are going to get it here.
Just seen one strike near Tiverton on lighteningmaps, in your general direction.

Southampton looks to be completely missing the thunder as things stand and somehow at home at least in SO18, we missed the rain band coming through, which is now around Salisbury...

But I didn't fancy my chances earlier and didn't head out towards Butser Hill on the bike.

Last edited:
It was noisy for a bit but seemed to have no teeth. Then pretty heavy hail. Then very heavy rain.

Road is a bit of a lake, but it's draining away, should be ok. Will have to give the road a bit of a sweep because there's a lot more rain forecast over the next week or so. This is the "you're paying your council and they don't do their job so you have to do it yourself" warning.

Last edited:
How you doing Gloucester? Just looked at the coverage, looks like you're getting thumped!
Had continuous rolling thunder and almost constant lightning for over an hour. Absolutely belted it down and some hail mixed in for good measure. It was like nothing I've ever seen or heard! Got another storm rolling through now too.

Back
Top Bottom