Thunderstorm Watch - 2024

It has been relatively tame here so far compared to the forecast, persistent rain but not the torrential stuff and possible storms forecast, though the forecast has moved it on into tomorrow now.

Pretty hard rain yesterday in London and Surrey, traffic was quite bad on the A3 last night due to blocked drains under bridges.

But! This morning was genuinely spectacular. We left home at 5:40 and were treated to a rather nice lightning display on the way in. The sky was also completely white, like a lightning bolt had lit up the sky and it just got stuck, was quite a sight to behold. Don't recall ever seeing such a moody sky in England.

It seems to have been torrential for most of the night and continuing this morning. I'm sure it wasn't raining all night but I got woken by the noise of it. Then got absolutely soaked running 40m to our car with our boys in our arms. They thought it was hilarious.

4 power cuts yesterday and two this morning here in Surrey.

Power on but I'm charging my power brick and every other device.

Thunderstorm last night/this morning. Torrential rain this morning.

Last edited:
If we are going to get it it's a bit late - 1.00pm it says and no sign of it - It is raining though -was raining when I got up this morning and still at it - In 15yr we have been here I have never seen so heavy and prolonged rain before.. All the water butts -overflow butts and overflow buckets and trugs are also full.

Some quite significant thunderstorm warnings for the south, south west and parts of the west tomorrow and Saturday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom